Sign in to follow this  
glide

New to Red Square

glide

New to the Red Square site and trying to find my way around.There seems to be many members forthcoming with info on almost anything wheel horse.I have a few questions on purchase and repair, just not sure where to go to ask those question.Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks

Sparky

First off :thumbs2:

We have sections that are somewhat specific such as engines, transmissions, attachments, etc.. Got an engine question, stick it in the engine section. Got a question on a mower deck, post it in the attachment section. Dont worry if you pick the wrong section as the crack Admin/ moderating team will move it to the correct area for no charge :banghead: .

Mike..........

glide

Thanks Mike I am a neghbor in NY.My question is on a 416-H Iam looking to buy and wondering about price.I know that is a very subjective topic,but have a 1000hr, single owner, well maintained tractor I can purchase for $1000 and wondered if it was a reasonable price. I am trying to replace my C-175 that has started consuming mass quantities of oil and give me a chance to fix that at my leisure.

Mike

wheelhorse656

:thumbs2:

Im not much on what the newer models sell for but i can say one thimg i wish i owned 416-H. Also thier are alot of members here who are good with engine rebuilds. Hope ypu enjoy it here! :banghead:

Kelly

JimD

smoreau

Hello and :banghead::banghead: :thumbs2:

Coadster32

jbumgarner

AMC RULES

rexman72

rmaynard

My question is on a 416-H I am looking to buy and wondering about price. I know that is a very subjective topic, but have a 1000hr, single owner, well maintained tractor I can purchase for $1000 and wondered if it was a reasonable price

$1000.00 with 1000 hours. Hmm...Does it come with any accessories such as mower deck, snow plow, etc.?

At lease one of our members sold a 416 with 48" deck and plow for $900.00 a couple of years ago.

I would tend to think that $1000.00 might be a little pricey for just the tractor.

Just my subjective 2 cents worth.

glide

Hi Bob and thanks.It seems to be the best deal in my parts that I can find.It is at a dealer so I expect it is high,and there are no attatchments.The dealer sold it new and serviced it since and the original owner just traded at 80 years old.Is there a concern about that many hours with this motor,all my experience has been with the kohlers. It looks very well maintained with some touch up done to the floorboards.

Thanks again

Mike

I am located in central NY,Syracuse area

mavfreak

earlleecliffton

shorts

rmaynard

Is there a concern about that many hours with this motor...

What year is the 416? Is the dealer offering any sort of warranty? I think that I would dicker a little. Tell him that you know that you can buy similar from private owners for a lower price, and for the $1000.00 is he going to offer any "value added" incentive? You can be sure that he didn't offer the previous owner very much in trade.

glide

Hi Bob,

Was told it was a 90,I did not get the model and serial number yet to verify that.Will do that in the morning.No warranty implied but again did not ask. I have been looking in this area and most in good shape are high priced and the rest are pretty worn out looking.A couple 520s that are rough and they are private sales at the 12-1500 range and one nice 520 with 480 hrs for 2000 with a 48 sd deck. I have a c-175 with a oil consuming motor that I will address after I have another machine for blowing snow. I also have a 90 312H that i am having a problem with the govenor kicking in under load but I use that for mowing and have the winter to address that issue. Seems like these machines are a little scarce around here in good shape and mayby that is driving the market. One dealer has a 88 312-8 with a 42 sd and wants 1750. If any body in this general area has a twin cyl. I would be interested.

Thanks

Mike

dclarke

Jake Kuhn

fabricator2009

CasualObserver

can whlvr

:thumbs2: i would watch the for sale section here,never know,someone might be close to you with a tractor for sale and ytou could post in the wanted area what you are looking for

W9JAB

SAM58