Sign in to follow this  
Dresden Guy

Winter's coming .... BRRRRR!

HorseFixer

that's the heater that I have, the only negative is that it doesn't feel like floor heat on my almost shiney melon, so I just put on a summer hat and soak up the heat in my back and shoulders.

Paul the infra Red Ray's are prolly bouncin off yer noggin. :banghead::D Take some steel wool and dull it some! :thumbs:

Well yeah it doesn't heat like floor heat exactly but it does warm the floor and the concrete stays warm for hrs after the unit shuts off, say if you have it on a night setback T stat. These units heat objects so it will heat the floor, the heating of the air is then accomplished from the air cooling the object absorbing the heat. Auto shops like them because they quickly melt snow off the cars and then the floors dry fast from the IR heat they produce. For the guy who is worried about combustible gases in their shop these units can take all of its fresh air for combustion outside which Increases Efficiency. These units are certified for Air Craft Hanger Installation where combustible gasses are always a concern. :banghead: Again for the money IMHO these heaters get my vote. :thumbs2:

~Duke

shorts

Duke the rays aren't bouncin', their cookin' my brain, :banghead: yea thats my story and I'm stickn' to it :thumbs2:

I pull my intake air out of the sealed to the inside attic, perforated soffits and continous ridge vent and exhaust thru the roof with b vent. I use a regular thermostat that is hung crooked so it can be set back to about 40 to keep from freezing and condensation at bay. It's been working like a dream since I bought it at auction, $10 non working, and removed the dead bird in the tube and blew out the spider nest in the gas valve.

HorseFixer

:thumbs2: Damn right brother funny how them pressure switches dont make the contacts with an obstruction in them. :banghead: The Ole' ohm meter tells the story pretty quick! :thumbs: Yep thats the way to buy em... Get yer money for nothin and yer chicks for free :thumbs:

You know you can get elbow kits and lengths of pipe for them it may be possible to get it out of yer direct work area. That is the only bad thing about these it helps to have a garage with a 10' to 12' ceiling cause they do get a lil warm on the noggin. :D Do you have a supplier for parts? If not lemme know Ill hook you up with my doode at the factory. :banghead:

~Duke

:thanks:

Jim_M

I've moved and don't have this anymore, but in my last garage/shop (26x22) I installed this. 17303_med.gif

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_595_595

Worked very well in my insulated area. As you can see I am in Minnesota, and I could easily work in the garage in the winter months with just jeans and a sweatshirt with this on low. (Still wore my insulated hunting boots though... floor still got damn cold.) I didn't leave it on... (didn't want to pay that electric bill!) I would flip it on when I got home at 6, and by the time supper was over and the kids in bed the garage was nice and toasty. Never had a problem with it in the four years I had it. Have also seen it available at many farm/home stores if you don't have a Northern Tool near you. I have a capped gas outlet and wiring available in the new garage... so the new one will likely be gas....(when I get around to it.)

That's basically the unit I have. Mine is a little older and uglier, but rated the same.

This is the hanging heater that I have.

http://www.morelectricheating.com/default....parisonshopping

shorts

Duke: I'm on 12' walls and 32' 4/12 scissor trusses with 2/12 inside pitch with the heater 2' from the peak I stil have almost 14' clear under the tubes. I did spend the big bucks for the u turn from the distributor so I have 15' of tube + the gun and 180 down and back in the center of a 32 X 32 building and it sure beats working in the cold.

refracman

I have a 16x20 work shop and its well insulated. I use a electric 220 12k ceiling hung unit from manards. I keep it at 45-50 deg when not in it and 60-65 when in it. Costs bout 15-20 a month. Its quite, cheep and out of the way. When messin with gas or other flammables I open the window or door a bit till the fumes clear out.

My brother in law uses a forced air unit in his work shop. The furnace itself is in a sealed room and draws the fresh air from the attic. It also has a suction fan to the outside for removeing fumes with seperate filtered fresh air duct from the outside when its on.