Sign in to follow this  
spark949

Model number decal

spark949

I need to repaint my seat pan on my 520. The model number decal is on it. What do most do? just take it off and record the numbers, or can new ones be made to reapply and have it look stock again?

C-Series14

Do you mean the "WHEEL HORSE" on the back of the fender? They never put the model number on the fender, the id tag was a sticker and placed on the fender but that started in the mid 80's.

Is your metal id tag on the hoodstand?

spark949

This one here...right under my seat on the seat pan. It's vinyl I believe

9122e19f.jpg

C-Series14

OK...i'm an idiot :thumbs2: I didn't even see it is on your 520, I thought it was the one in your avatar! :banghead:

Or, did you just add "520" to the original post? :banghead:

What I have done is tape over it, trim right to the edge of the decal, and then paint it, might check with the decal wizard in the vendors section and see if he makes those.

rmaynard

Or, did you just add "520" to the original post? :thumbs2:

It wasn't on the original post. I thought he was referring to the picture at the bottom too.

spark949

Or, did you just add "520" to the original post? :thumbs2:

It wasn't on the original post. I thought he was referring to the picture at the bottom too.

Yup. I thought I put the 520 in too...after your post I did realize. I added my toys in my signature to avoid more confusion. I'm good at that.

C-Series14

Your C-160 will actually be a 1974-1977 model. What are the numbers on the ID tag?

spark949

Oops put 79 by mistake...fixed..it's a 77, but I'll recheck tomorrow.

Wish I had this many people helping on my charging problem.

C-Series14

Don't know much on the charging system or I would try, never had one with any problems and been collecting for 16 years! :thumbs2:

spark949

I've had a couple frustrating charging problems this year. Two on my motorcycles and this 520 now. I have the wiring diagrams and the meters. Now it's just a matter of testing the componants, cleaning the and checking the connections. This tractor sat outside for a while. Hopefully it's something simple, but that's usually not my luck. I also have a hydro leak somewhere. When I take it apart to paint I'll be able to see better.