Sign in to follow this  
jimmyjamesrussell

Snow blower implement for "05 Classic Tractor

jimmyjamesrussell

I have a 2005 GT Classic Tractor, model 73450, for which I would like to get a single-stage or 2-stage snow thrower.

I am considering a local 1975 snow thrower listed on Craigs List. Its a model 6-0202 (Serial number 81218).

It needs a belt as the one on the unit has huge cracks in it and appears totally unusable. From the belt's appearance I would guess the blower has not spun snow in a lot of years. The belt is 5/8th inches wide.

My tractor's PTO pulley belt width for my mowing deck is 1/2 inch in width. The seller says that the pulley track beside the mower pulley, on my tractor, which is for the snow blower, should be 5/8 ths inch width. The two PTO pulley belt widths looks the same to me.

Toro's site says that (only?) a 79360 snow thrower with a 105-1503 adapter kit or a 79362 current model snow thrower will fit my 73450 tractor.

What is the snow thrower PTO V-pulley width on the 73450 Tractor? Will the 6-0202 snow thrower mount and run on my tractor?

I am thinking about buying a belt and asking the seller to mount his snow thrower on a tractor similar to mine. (He has a lot of them around in good and restored condition and had 4 in his attached garage where he repairs, rebuilds, and sells.) That way I could see it spin and hear the bearings screech or howl or the chain clatter.

This thrower does not look like it has had lubrication in years The seller says all it needs is some heavy oil from an oil can as the bearings and chain are not greased for service. Is this true?

Jim Angle (Notheastern Ohio)

racinfool40

:thumbs2:

and here's the manual for the blower you are looking at:

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/modules.php?na...=show_doc&id=30

this is from a fellow members site:

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/index.php

It's free to join and alot of manuals and great info!!!

Model # 73450 comes back to a 315-8

not to familiar with the newer tractors,But I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge will be along shortly