Sign in to follow this  
Coadster32

Blower on a 753

Coadster32

Picked up a ST-3072 blower yesterday from fireman. ( :thumbs2:).

Anyhow, got it bolted up to the front end, and squeezed the 31" belt directly to the engine pully, just to hear and see it run. Looked and ran pretty good. Before I start concocking some crazy creation of a setup, I figured I'd ask to see if anyone had any pics of the clutch setup, and chute pivot mount setup on this unit. I have other parts, but would rather see a correct setup before I proceed. I have the instruction sheets, but it isn't clear as how/where to hook things up. Toro master parts viewer shows a couple of parts that I might have, but doesn't show where to hook them up. It is possible that I could be missing some parts as well. Looking forward to using this unit this winter. Any help/guidence would be greatly appreciated. Pics are worth 1000 words.

littleredrider

This is on a ranger, but should be the same thing or at least give you an idea.

2444499650043830172S600x600Q85.jpg

Coadster32

Pics...

pics008-3.jpg

Mounted up, and lift assy good.

pics011-2.jpg

The hole in the gearbox, I think, is for a clutch rod type mechenism. Pushing down to get the belt on, and the spring pulls it up for tension.

pics009-3.jpg

It is a 753, there's a Kohler K161 on it. The belt guard is wrong. I left the pedal for the mower deck engagement on it, in case it gets uded on this.

pics010-3.jpg

Extra parts I have. I beleive that center bright red part is for a 302 setup. The bracket for the chute pivot I beleive is wrong for my application. The other parts, besides the belts, I don't think go to this unit. The belts are 31", as they should be in the book, but are very snug indeed, and leave seemingy no room for a clutch setup. :thumbs2:

Littleredrider- As you can see, mine is a bit different. I'm sure the same principles though. Thanks a bunch for posting up the pic.

Thanks for the link Mike. I have that paperwork here, but much easier to see thru your link. :banghead:

littleredrider

That's a totally different setup than what mine is. Weird what a difference one year can be...

Eriks Red horse herd

Chris - the unpainted bar in the last pick of parts bolts to the gear box on the blower and goes to your pto pedal . Pretty much the same as the front reel mowers were set up. Hope this helps.

wallfish

I can get you some pics of my setup on a 401 this week. I'm down in Jersey and should be home Tue or Wed. Some of the parts are a little different.

The part that holds the chute handle looks different and it should have a flat piece welded 90 deg with 2 holes to match the blower mounting bolts. It also looks like the handle needs another 90 deg bend. The mower pedal will need to be removed and replaced with the blower pedal and then the link goes from the pedal to the gear box to engage the belt.