Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

Hoopla over 520's

baerpath

Yup lot of hype about nothing. I've owned and used four of them. I'd rather have a C anyday.

Duane

HorseFixer

Yup lot of hype about nothing. I've owned and used four of them. I'd rather have a C anyday.

Duane

Well Duane the Jury is still out on my end, :D Really have enjoyed the "C" :thumbs2: but look fwd in test driving the 520 and putting it to work in the Snow. :thumbs: Im sure by the end of next winter I will be able to tell if the 520H is Hoopla :banghead: or has earned its place in my Stable. Alot of good opinions here tho! :banghead:

CRE1992

Btw Duke, the 520H's have a 20 amp alternator (generator, stator or what ever you want to call it.) So you can run more lights :banghead::banghead:

:thumbs2:

-Charles

DoctorHfuhruhurr

For lawn mowing I've been seeing a lot of 520's being replaced by Zero Turns. They can't compete with the speed and maneuverability of a Zero Turn. Scag has one that can mow at 16mph. Time is money.

Raider12

For lawn mowing I've been seeing a lot of 520's being replaced by Zero Turns. They can't compete with the speed and maneuverability of a Zero Turn. Scag has one that can mow at 16mph. Time is money.

For mowing the lawn this is so true. But if you need more than just a lawn mower (tiling, snow plowing etc) the 520 is tough to beat.

TT

Wonder how many "normal" folks have a yard that's smooth enough to be mowed @ 16 mph? :banghead:

I have a hard time keeping a :banghead: deck on the ground @ 6 mph. :thumbs2:

Hydro

Hovercraft! :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Hovercraft! :thumbs2:

:banghead:

HorseFixer

Btw Duke, the 520H's have a 20 amp alternator (generator, stator or what ever you want to call it.) So you can run more lights :D:banghead:

:banghead:

-Charles

And Charles funny you should mention that! :thumbs2: I was cking out some 12V LED FLOOD LIGHTS and neat strobes on flee bay last night. :thumbs:

~Duke

tommy3horse

The zero-turns go so fast that they actually leave "humps" in the lawn and looks terrible. I watch the guy cut the grass where I work with a Scag Tiger and he moves quickly and the lawn looks crappy. Time IS money, but where is the quality of cut...the thing your paying for???

Tom

:thumbs2:

HorseFixer

The zero-turns go so fast that they actually leave "humps" in the lawn and looks terrible. I watch the guy cut the grass where I work with a Scag Tiger and he moves quickly and the lawn looks crappy. Time IS money, but where is the quality of cut...the thing your paying for???

Tom

:thanks:

:thumbs::thumbs2::banghead::banghead::D :thumbs:

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Tom

:thanks:

:thumbs::thumbs2::banghead::banghead::D:thumbs:

Just because it can go fast doesn't mean it's meant to go top speed on every area of the lawn. I change speeds depending on soil conditions. The driver has a lot to do with quality of cut.

farmer

Tongue in cheeklist of reasons to have a 520h

Owner has lawn which would be better described as a field. (5ft deck) :thumbs:

Owner likes their bed to much in winter... drive has to be cleared in 1/4 normal time, owner also likes to bury next doors cars. (snowblower) :D

Owner has boulders he likes to carry around...to intimidate above mentioned neighbour. (FEL) :thumbs:

Owner has large ego..requiring 20hp Onan to haul it around. :banghead:

Owner likes "living on the edge" with possible repair costs. :thumbs2:

btw my 518h is parked up awaiting sale. :banghead:

jtmoyer

Owner has large ego..requiring 20hp Onan to haul it around. :thumbs2:

:banghead: i have 2 whats that say about me :banghead:

TheMooseIsLoose

Bigger is better

CRE1992

Bigger is better

Unless your referring to women :thumbs2::banghead:

Just kidding :thumbs::D

-Charles :banghead:

njdpo

Hi your posting describes my problem at my place. I have a Ingersoll 444 with a hydro bagger and a 44 +- inch deck. (I also have a 50+ inch deck for it)

The machine is huge (much larger than a 417-A) i just looked at - and as you would expect - its great on a straight run and open field - but thats not my property and I spend a ton of time rolling around in big sweeping circles trying to compensate for the 444's big turning radius. (Dont get me wrong - its a great machine).

I was given a Commando 800 a while back and I absolutely love it. The shorter length (with the 36 inch deck) is like a slot car on my property - and works so well I want to make the 800 my primary ride. All I need for the 800 is a better mower deck.

i suspect that a good auto tranny would make my mowing chores even easier as i do frequently have to stop the machine to find the right gear for my very uneven property.

But im on the right track with the older/shorter wheel horse models. I know one thing - If I find the right machine to replace the Ingersoll - Im still gonna keep the Commando 800 - its just too good of a machine to let go.