Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Cutting deck belt question..

Stigian

Howdo chap's, my Raider 10 (now 12) lost it's original cutting deck way back in the mists of time, and has been running a deck from (I think) a 518. Trouble is the deck drive belt (no idea where it came from) is now totally stretched beyond use.

I know the standard Raider belt is too short to fit, so should I be looking for a 518 deck belt? And what size are they?

Any help with this would be great, My Wife is moaning that the lawn needs cutting :thumbs2: :banghead:

rmaynard

Do you have a model number for the deck?

tarcoleo

Ian-

Hi. Hard to know how your tractor will align with this deck. You will need a 1/2"

belt ("A" belt). Find a length of 1/2" rope and run it around the PTO, mule drive and

deck sheave and measure the exact length to complete the circuit. This will provide

a reasonable approximation of an after-market kevlar belt that can do the job. If you

get a belt within an inch of ideal, there likely is enough adjustment in the mule drive

to make it work, or you can take the belt back to the supplier and get one a size

larger or smaller. Good luck.

Tom in RI (part of New England) :thumbs2:

TT

Since your Raider has a front Attach-Matic hitch it should be easy to get the correct belt. :thumbs2:

When used with a "typical" long-frame tractor, a 42 or 48 inch SD deck will take a 103" long belt. A 42" RD deck needs a 98" belt, and the 36" 3 blade (RD or SD) decks take a 97" belt.

I ran a 42" SD deck on my 1966 1056 and used the belt from the 1984 GT WorkHorse the deck came off of.

Stigian

Hi Guy's thanks for the help, between you reply's I managed to work out which belt I need and have just ordered it.

:thumbs2: Guy's.

A bit late now but here is the cutting deck model number for you Bob..

E542MS01 10176.

rmaynard

A bit late now but here is the cutting deck model number for you Bob..

E542MS01

E5-42MS01, 42" Side Discharge Mower, 1988

As TT stated previously, the 42" SD uses a 1/2" x 103" belt. The Toro part number is 102742.