Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Cool find with a tractor

Sparky

So I picked up a 1975 C-100 today and its just your average tractor with a bit of surface rust. It runs but needs a full tune up and going over like all the old ones do. The two piece seat is nearly perfect :thumbs2: and the 42"SD deck is quiet :banghead: .

But the coolest part is that I bought it from the original owner and when I picked it up tonight it came with a folder with the original owners manual and the ORIGINAL RECIEPT FOR IT FROM THE DEALER!

So if any of you have this same tractor heres the stats: It was $1045.00 for the tractor with a 42"SD deck. According to the reciept there was a trade in of a Jacobson for $418.00. I thought that the reciept was the coolest part of the whole deal! I cant image being organized enough to have a reciept after 36 years.

Mike.........

C-Series14

Cool find, Mike!

fireman

Come on Mike, you know the drill!

:thumbs2::banghead: :banghead:

HorseFixer

Nice Find! :banghead: Can ya scan the Reciept? And Yes pics of tractor please! :thumbs2:

~Duke

Sparky

Come on Mike, you know the drill!

:thumbs2::banghead::banghead:

I knew that was coming :D . It'll have to wait till after the weekend now.

Mike.......

COMMANDO6

My parents bought our commando from the original owner. It also has all the Manuals and receipt.

dgoyette

That is always way cool...I got all the paperwork with my 1977 B-80. All of it in the original plastic "owners package". Mine was purchased 7/9/77 with 36 RD and 10 cf cart for $1,550.00

kj4kicks

So that's TWO tractors now that you have the original receipt for. Way cool !!

privateer

Nice find. These machines were pricey back in the day. The cost of a used car almost.

A few years ago I picked up a well cared for 656 and it came with all the manuals and receipts throghout its life. Even the maintenance receipts were kept. I have original manuals for the machine, 32" deck, snow thrower and the lawn sweeper.

I should actually scan them for use on here...one of these days.

Good luck with the mower

546cowboy

I recently, well last month, bought a 1965 655 with deck, snow blower and snow plow and it came with a folder with all the manuals for everything. Even the Tecumseh manual for the original HH-60 and one for the HH-100 that the original owner had replaced the HH-60 with when it gave up.

The bad thing was the PO said it was running in the driveway and just quit. Well when I got it home and checked the oil, none on the stick. Wonder why it just quit?DUH! That's why there is no engine in the pictures.

The guy I bought it from said it came with the house when he bought it from the original owner.

100_1118.jpg

100_1120.jpg

100_1116.jpg