Sign in to follow this  
c161rat

wheelhorse 1054

c161rat

I have a friend who is selling a 1054 but dont know much about them. His father was the original owner and as far as I can tell it is un molseted. It comes with a pretty solid deck and a plow. He said a collector offered him $800 and is willing to sell it to me for that. Any comments will be appreciated!!!!! :thumbs2:

rmaynard

Without seeing any pictures, one can only guess as to the condition. However, unless the thing was garage kept, and only ridden on Sunday's, I'd say that $800.00 is probably quite a bit too high.

c161rat

I do not have any pictures but have personally seen it and it is far from never used. It is however a good candidate for a survivor type restoration as the Paint is still holding up well for its age.....I was going to offer him half that before he told me what the "COLLECTOR" said it was worth.....Might just have to let that one go!!!!! Thanks for the info

JUSS10

i picked up one that was all original with only a little fold in the rear fender, now i got mine for $250 which was a steal but i would have to say somewhere around $400-500 would be safer.

i say show up with $400 cash and see what he does. cash in hand always seems to be a good way to get them lower than they wanted.

there is always someone willing to pay top dollar but having that person around at he right time isn't always likely so maybe he'll cut you a deal

Justin

Brrly1

I'll second what Justin just stated. :thumbs2:

:banghead:

can whlvr

i would think that 500-600 would be more in line,cheaper is always nice so as stated start low

c161rat

thank you guys for the advice. I am going to look at it again this weekend with cash......will keep you updated!!!!

Edjfleming

I know of one that was restored, and the guy was asking $450.00 and it took 4 months to sell!!!

kthack657

My husband JimT1971 picked one up for $50 by far the cheapest tractor we have bought, but has needed a lot of work. They are a pain to work on and are very timeconsuming due to their frame not coming apart. check the gas tank to see how it looks inside, usually they rot out, or have rust inside which gets caught in the fuel lines depriving the engine of gas. In order to get to the tank to patch or fix, you have to remove the transmission completely. Just wanted to give you that heads up.

and I agree with everyone $800 is way too high, I would say if it is in rough condition $375 to $425 at most!

c161rat

I offered 4 for it over the phone and am waiting to see what he says. I did in fact quote some of you feedback to him and said that this is the foremost wheelhorse braintrust!!!!!! I also told him to call the "COLLECTOR" and see if he was willing to offer him $800 and he should take it!!!!!.....Thanks again for all the feedback!!!!! Might be adding #3 to the stable .....also going to the antique power show this weekent at the Lorain county fairgrounds but not bringing the Horses this year!!! I rode my Harley from Cleveland to Key west and just got back on Tuesday and just dont feel like camping this weekend!!!!