Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorsenut69

parts???

wheelhorsenut69

on my electro 12 the electric clutch went out so i took it off by using a 1" bolt to get it off the motor after i removed the clutch i was puzzeled??? :banghead: but i dont get what makes the clutch grab??? is it a lining or is it just the magnets pulling the metal on metal??? i priced a new one out and was told they run for about 450.00 brand new. witch is more than i want to stick in the old girl. i found two clutches this last weekend but they were older and did not have the 1" threaded peace in the center and were very rusty so i figured it was not worth the chance.What i am going to do is try to convert it to a newer style tractor and put a quick attach mule drive out the front then install a manual pto clutch out off a newer c series tractor i have never had a problem with them before but this electro 12 is the first 1 i have owned with the electric clutch and i am not pleased with it at all the thing that looks the hardest about this retro job is that the hood mount bracket under the front is in the way for the quick attach peace and i will have to redo the exhaust muffler cause it comes out the bottom and will be in the way as well. i hope it will not be to big a deal to switch this tractor over cause it was my dads favorite and he payed 750.00$ for it when he bought it but it looks really nice and is all original except the throttle cable has just been replaced. :D when i get a camera again i will start showing all my toys off and the electro when i start converting her over to the newer style :thumbs2::banghead: well thats all for now bye all :thumbs:

pfrederi

If you go with a manual PTO it would be much easier to put in the old style used on Chargers.