Sign in to follow this  
ksk1480

Tractor Value

ksk1480

I have a 1968 Commando 8 that was barely used to mow grass or do much of anything, mainly cruise around the yard when myself and other family members were kids. My Grandfather bought the tractor new and it has been garage kept since new as well. I inherited it about 10 years ago and it has been sitting ever since. It is in EXCELLENT shape, only problem is that the steering wheel has a little bend to it. I am just trying to get an idea what I have and what the tractor is worth. I greatly appreciate everyones help!

Kris

Kelly

location plays a part on value, pictures would help, but if it is real nice unrestored or messed with, a guess would be in the $300- $500 range.

ksk1480

I am trying to upload some small pictures but the site will not let me upload a JPEG file for some reason. I am located in South Eastern PA.

rmaynard

Kris,

You need to bring it to the Wheel Horse Collectors Club show in Arendtsville, PA (South Mountain Fairgrounds) next summer. The Commando 8 is the 2012 featured tractor for next years show. A garage-kept Commando 8 would be a real drawing card.

:thumbs2:

ksk1480

I greatly appreciate it! I will see what I can do about the show. I will have to dig it out and get it cleaned up. I will set up a photobucket account tonight and get the pictures posted.

HorseFixer

:banghead: :thumbs2: Looking fwd

to the pictures!

mavfreak

:thumbs2:

Nice looking tractor.

I would say its in the $500 range!

wallfish

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is one nice original old tractor.

COMMANDO6

:thumbs2: :banghead::banghead::D That's awesome! I'd give you anything for that!

ksk1480

Thank you very much everyone! I have been thinking about it and kind of wouldn't mind seeing it go to a good home who would actually appreciate it and let it be seen. I just have entirely too many hobbies to keep up with so as it is. One gentleman close to me is planning on coming to check it out to help him with a current restoration of the same model and after he would be done with it, then I guess I may have to sell her. He would obviously have first shot to buy it if interested...just hate to see it sitting there not being appreciated the way she needs to be.

jay in nc

i love your tractor, just clean it up bring it to the :banghead: show & donate it to the club to be the raffle tractor! :thumbs2: so much nicer than mine. jay in nc. 10 miles n. of selma nc.

wallfish

Where are you located ?

ksk1480

I am located in SE PA...just outside of Reading.