Sign in to follow this  
earlleecliffton

earlleecliffton
1277069.jpg1277068.jpg1277071.jpg1277070.jpg1277072.jpg

earlleecliffton

New project, Did all these things rust this bad? Looking for paint scheme ideas.

rmaynard

Some tractors rust worse that others. A lot depends on locale. Dry areas like AZ tend to have very little rust, where areas nearer the coast have much more. I would completely disassemble, bead blast the paint and rust, shoot a good coat of epoxy primer on it and paint it up like the ones in the gallery.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=877

COMMANDO6

Yeah I say go with mostly original paint. It looks like it's going to be a fun restore since it looks like everything's there. I can't wait to see it done.

earlleecliffton

Tower cracks need welded. Gunna weld test light holes shut, maybe put cig lighter or gauge there.saftey switch delete now. No, no kids run my tractors.1277075.jpg1277074.jpg1277073.jpg1277078.jpg1277077.jpg1277076.jpg

312Hydro

Nice project! I had the same stress cracks. It will look great no matter what color you choose( just not green) ! If you blast it ,Home depot sells 50 lb. bags of white sand for around $5. Works great and is dry too. Look in the masonry dept.

COMMANDO6

Nice jumble of wires there! You going to be able to figure it out? I guess you have the manual somewhere.

I'm anticipating this one...

earlleecliffton

That is whats left of the test light and saftey swictchs. Its not going back on. and yes it still runs