Sign in to follow this  
perry

551 at a car show

perry

a church down the street from me has a car show and family fun day once a year.

so i loaded up the kids in the wagon and drove the 551 down there.

" here comes a little red tractor" got anouced over the PA when i was rolling in the lot.

they pointed me to park next to the only other tractor there. it got alot of lookers and i met some nice folks. kids had a great day playing games and winning prize's.

the farmall next to me was own by a young guy in his early 20's. it was his grampas and he restored it after grampa past away. he really did a nice job on it and also won a people's choice award today :whistle: .

church006.jpg

church002.jpg

church001.jpg

church003.jpg

church004.jpg

church005.jpg

TT

Awesome, Perry! :whistle::WRS::D

That last picture cracks me up!

Who would have ever thought a Pinto would be car show material? :D

perry

Awesome, Perry! :WRS::D:D

That last picture cracks me up!

Who would have ever thought a Pinto would be car show material? :D

i would have never thougth back in the day either about a pinto.

heck i bought a tractor from a guy this summer and he was restoring a gremlin :whistle:

the 2 tone orange chevy pick up was one of my favorites there. it looked like it just rolled off the assembly line . bone stock and just plain awsome :dunno:

KyBlue

Looks like it was a pretty good turnout! Imagine the looks youll get when you get that lil baby redone and all shiny!

I miss doin my car shows...Anybody wanna donate 550.00 for a radiator?

rocking 416

was that a 71 avanti? i had to convert one of them to a 700r4 i know a lil bit about them

perry
was that a 71 avanti?

kj4kicks

Great pics Perry ! Thanks for sharing them.

Pinto, yeah.....

rocking 416

yea the avantis are weird cars the guy spent alot of money in it its just a chevrolet really motor tran rear

Nick

Very nice pictures Perry. Looks like you all had a nice day. I would take either the Pinto or a Gremlin X but Id have to be paid to haul out a Pacer. :whistle:

linen beige

Very nice pictures Perry. Looks like you all had a nice day. I would take either the Pinto or a Gremlin X but Id have to be paid to haul out a Pacer. :D

Only some of the Avantis where Chevy based. The current production is on a Ford platform with the 4.6L powerplant. They still have basically the same body style from 1961! But their performance is more than modern. And don't forget they started out in SOUTH BEND! :whistle:

I have a cousin who bought a Gremlin X in '73 or '74 that came from the factory with a 392 C.I.D. (Ford 390) with two 4 barrel dual line double pumper Hollys, 4 speed trans, 4.11 posi-trac. rear end, traction bars and wheelie bars. :D Talk about pulling the front wheels! If you were quick enough shifting, it would carry the fronts into fourth! He ended up flipping it in the snow. :dunno:

I would like to get my hands on the white '64 Thunderbird convertible in the fifth pic. It's set up with the rear seat tunneau cover and Kelsey-hayes real wire wheels. :WRS: The true "M series Sport Roadsters" were built in '62 but a very few models came out in '63, '64, '65, and '66 set up to look like the "M". If it's not a clone, it's pretty valuable.

HorseFixer

Nice pictures perry an congrats on yer award! I would have given you the award too! :WRS: But not cause I like horses or nothing :whistle:

Duke

Brrly1

Hello There were also Ford based Avanti's back when, I had seen a few of them that had a 289 motor also. John

Kelly

Too cool Perry, bet your little girl had a good time.

did many people ask if it was a Farmall sitting next to the A??

linen beige

Hello There were also Ford based Avanti's back when, I had seen a few of them that had a 289 motor also. John

Not to be too far :whistle: , but Studebaker built their own 289 as early as '57, even had a Paxton supercharged version in some of the Golden Hawks! Ford didn't introduce their 289 (bored/stroked 260) until '65. Some think that the '64 1/2 Mustang had the first 289, but they had 260s. I believe the first Avanits used the last Studebaker built 289s before switching to Ford 289s.