Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

Larger / Secondary Gas Tank?

71_Bronco

Was just wondering if this has been done before. My Bronco 14 has a 2 gallon plastic gas tank right behind the dash. Unfortunately, it is gravity fed, so if I do add another, it has to be higher then the carb (which rules out putting it under the seat, between the rear tires).

So has anybody fabricated a secondary or larger gas tank for a tractor like mine? I would like it to be easily removable or hidden.

EDIT: Just did a quick search on Summit, and found some circle-track fuel cells available in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 gallon capacities, and some say they take a GM sending unit

mr.pipes

You could always add a low pressure electric fuel pump and put the tank anywhere.

Do a search here for past discussions about them.

Or rig up something like my beer hat and send it to the fuel tank.

It's easily removable but not hidden.

BeerHatGuy2.jpg

fourwheels0

You could always add a low pressure electric fuel pump and put the tank anywhere.

BeerHatGuy2.jpg

mr pipes i'm sorry but that fuel tank only fuels the driver NOT the tractor :thumbs2:

71_Bronco

I was thinking about a bracket that mounts on the Hydro unit where the hitch goes, and have it go up to about the same height as the back-rest of the seat. From there, run a fuel line to a "Y" valve, and splice it into one line with the factor fuel line, so I can choose which tank to feed off.

If I need to remove it to use the hitch, or go to a show, I close the valve, remove the fuel line, pull the pin, and the whole thing comes off. Wouldn't really be all that difficult to do.

The smaller fuel cells I was looking at (3 gallon) do not have a sending unit. I figure 3 gallon auxiliary plus the 2 gallon factory should be plenty to run for a while without stopping (I have a rather large yard).

312Hydro

BeerHatGuy2.jpg

That would be a real waste of space to replace the beer! Maybe you could rig up a strap on gas tank that you could wear like a back pack. That would still preserve the precious beer hat. :thumbs2:

shorts

after 1 tankfull it's time to strech your legs and check the oil and get a fresh beverage :thumbs2: :banghead: