Sign in to follow this  
anixon92

L165 lawn ranger installing rm116 deck help

anixon92

have a 1966 lawn ranger with a rm-116 deck. i just got this thing about amonth ago. Could somebody shot me a picture of how the deck brackets are to be to mount on tractor. all 4 are the same but each has a bent in the brackets and i dont know which way they go. i been trying to find manaul or pictures to show which way brackets go but no luck.

the way i have it mounted now, the front of deck is way lower then back of deck.

Lane Ranger

On the Lawn Ranger RM-116 mower deck the first set of metal hangers go into the forth holes from the front of the frame.

You can see in this photos. I usuall lay both sets of hangers -front and back forward to install the mower deck.

100_1168.jpg

100_8079.jpg

The rear hangers go in hole six on the frame (right behind the foot pads and bar).

I hope this helps you.

:thumbs2:

I hope this helps you.

anixon92

ok got the hangers correct. i dont know how to post pictures so here are the links.i put a couple pic up showing how the deck tilts to front. is this correct.

the first 2 pic are with mower height down and 3rd pic with deck all the way up and tilting forward.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/deck1y.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/deckp.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/deck2c.jpg/

that about looks like how the deck on my Lawn Ranger is, just slightly down in front. i don't know if it's supposed to be that way , but mine works and cuts fine

anixon92

well this one doesn't cut right. the front deck is to low and rubs the grass dirt unless i hold the lift lever back some so the deck doesn't drop all the way down. i just had the thing all torn down and the brackets all all the same size. the holes are not egg shaped or worn. the deck does need 2 new deck wheels, but i wouldn't think that would matter. just put it all back together and same thing. i'm thinking about putting a bolt/nut on the height rod so it cann't drop down that low.

Lane Ranger

Did you ( or a previous owner) happen to remove the hangers from the mower deck when working on it?

The front and back hangers are installed differently on the deck.

The rear look like this:

102_0218.jpg

The short bend is angled toward the back with the bend in the hanger right above the hole.

The front hanger looks like this installed:

102_0219.jpg

The bend or angled portion of the hanger bends up from the front.

I just took this side view and you can tell that your deck does hang down in front a little lower than this deck (when compared to your photos)

Also Is the mower deck center lift bar hanging on the stud on the Lawn Ranger lift ?

102_0210.jpg

102_0211.jpg

:thumbs2: