Sign in to follow this  
bmay432

serial number i.d.

bmay432

I finally found a serial number on my wheel horse. Can anyone tell me what this serial number goes to. Model that is. I have been told what model I have ,and I believe you guys when you tell me what model I have because I have no prior knowledge of wheel horse's, but to finally find a serial # excited me. serial # 52220

TT

You have a 603 and a 551, correct?

Where (on the tractor) did you find the serial number and on which tractor? :thumbs2:

bmay432

In the e-tank floating. It was a sticker, so I don't know where it was on the tractor. It says wheel horse serial #

boovuc

Hi,

That is a serial number and not a model number that we can look up. I went through all my databases I have including the Toro/Wheelhorse interchangeable attachments list and came up empty.

I went to Partstree and poked around and found a parts number of 52-220 which is a 235 dollar air cleaner assembly which is still available but I don't know for what product it's for.

Again, your sticker says it's a serial number and not a Model number or parts number. It could be for any number of things made by Wheelhorse. If you have a 1960's 551 or 603 tractor, the model number ID would have been made of metal and most likely would have been located between the bottom of the dash tower and the shifter. (If it's painted over, rub your fingers over this area and feel for a ridge). You have to view it by getting on your knees and sticking your head real low. This is the only way I can read my ID tag on my 857. I wish I could help you but that sticker was a no go. By the way, what is an e-tank? I'll assume it's the gas tank? (I've gotten into a lot of trouble doing that). :thumbs2:

Sorry!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

TT

It probably looks like this then:

633sn002.jpg

That would be off the top rear part of the 603 hood near the steering shaft hole.

Toro has the production ledgers and they are not available to the general public. (read: it's basically a waste of time to contact them about old :thumbs2: stuff)

You already know it's a 1963 603, so there really isn't much more to be learned by having the serial number, other than the exact date of manufacture.

rmaynard

By the way, what is an e-tank? I'll assume it's the gas tank?

E-tank is an electrolysis tank for rust removal. He has been "cooking" rusty parts in his e-tank and the label came off in the process.

bmay432

The sticker came from the 551

my computer is not jiving so I will try to post picture later.

boovuc

OOOOHHHHHHH! Now I have it! Sometimes I'm a little slow.

(All right. Most times I'm a little slow)! :thumbs2:

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

tunahead72

Has anybody been able to view the attachment that bmay432 posted this morning? I just get a new window, with nothing in it. :thumbs2:

rmaynard

OOOOHHHHHHH! Now I have it!

A year and a half ago I think I asked the same question.

bmay432

bmay432

finally able to upload the serial # picture

IMG00198-20110904-2240.jpg

CasualObserver

It's from your 551.