Sign in to follow this  
sned

310-8 gas tank location

sned

So it's a real pain in the neck when my tractor runs out of gas. Whenever the bucket is down I can't open the hood to refill it. If it starts sputtering I have to grab the lift lever quick and hope it gets up enough before it dies so I can fill it. Than I started thinking maybe the gas tank should be under the seat. I can't put it there anyway because there is 100lbs of weight under the seat but just made me realize the gas tank location might not be stock.

Also I have been noticing everyone around me has a wheelhorse. Today I realized why. Not 5 minutes from me is a toro dealer with a big old wheelhorse sign on it. Can't believe I never noticed until now. :thumbs2:

truckin88

Every 300 series I have seen has the tabk under the rear fender$

sned

Thats what I figured. Would make my life a lot easier... PO must have moved it to so he could fit the weights under the rear fenders.

can whlvr

the 308 had the tank directly attached to the kohler motor,maybe thats a replacement kohler with the tank like the 8hp,but you could definatly put it under the seat and put the weight on the back,you could fab a weight holder that you could still pull a cart or what ever on the back,i should say my 1986 308-8 had the tank on engine,maybe some others were different but i know mine was built that way