Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

Hustler Excel 295

jerrell

:WRS: i mentioned this mower to someone on the posts, and they suggested i put it on this page, i bought a Hustler Excel 295 , duel hydrostatic tractor with a Bac-Vac on it.Model #922427, Serial # 5126623, it has a TC-56 Continial engine(unknown HP) but this thing is a monster, it is made of 1/4 " steell, the front deck is 72" with 3 spindels, is is side discharge, or vac, and flic a handel and it discharges out the back,

When i bought it the man told me that the starter was dragging and he could't get it going, :imstupid: (FIRST mistake....well i went ahead and brougt it home, cleaned the battery cables and the monster cranked right up.( i regress, the thing can't be moved without turning some bolts on the pump, :imstupid: the seller didn't know and i did't know either,soooo we winched it on the trailer,,SECOND mistake) as i said it fired up and ran for a while, then quit, fuel problems, (new carb kit,new points, new coil, plugs and wires) ran like a champ, NOW, i have a problem with the left drive wheel motor, this mayhave been caused by winching it on trailer, tires did not turn just skidded on trailer.

How hard is it to clean, rebuild one of these motors or the pump. i understand that they are pretty simple if you pay attention on how you take them apart, and have a lot of oil O rings,

Any one out there ever heard of one of these things, all togerher it weights 1800 pounds, so it is a monster. when it was running it cut the grass bette than any of the 3 mowers i have ,2 murrays, and a craftsman, and my BELOVED C-175 WHEELHORSE, I wouldn't trade it for all 4 of the others......thanks for any infor or help, :whistle:

CasualObserver

I don't have any practical advice on how to do it... but would definitely advise at least consulting a dealer. I live in a small town and we have a local small engine shop that sells Hustler mowers. You should be able to find a dealer close by, who hopefully will be good with some advice on the procedure since you'll likely be buying any parts in the future from him! :whistle: