Sign in to follow this  
Poodie

Electro 12

Poodie

There is a tractor advertised for sale being presented as an Electro12, but it has a manual pto. I've always thought that what made the Electro 12 an Electro 12 was the electric clutch. Otherwise it would be a Charger 12. Did any Electro's have a manual pto clutch? I haven't seen a picture of the dash to see if there is a place for the switch.

Thanks,

Poodie

rmaynard

:banghead: I tend to agree with your assertion that what made the Electro 12 an Electro was the PTO. According to all the parts lists, there was no manual PTO.

But...I have been wrong before, and if I am, you can be sure that I will be corrected. :thumbs2:

Kelly

I've had 3 Electros that where switched to manual PTO's after the elect. were bad.

Poodie

Thanks. Better pictures would tell me more, but until then I have my doubts.

TT

An Electro 12 is nothing more than a Charger 12 with an electric PTO clutch and hydraulic lift as standard equipment.

It's been 41 years since the last Electro was built and a lot could have changed. Who's to say that the original owner wasn't an old timer who didn't want the "new technology" and had the dealer switch it over to manual before he took it home? :banghead:

It doesn't pay to over-think when it comes to :banghead: ~ all you'll get out of doing that is a headache. :thumbs2:

shorts

:thumbs2: