Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

Identify this Dump Cart

stevasaurus

My Dad had this dump cart, and I loaned it to a friend of mine. I just got it back after a couple of years. I have never seen one like this, and I keep looking at all the shows I go to. Was wondering if anyone else has ever seen one like this and what it may be. I know it is not a Wheel Horse implement. Dad probably bought this in the 70's, and he used to haul the kids around on Halloween...just for a time frame. Thanks

2010_09022011LASUEUR0001.jpg

2010_09022011LASUEUR0002.jpg

2010_09022011LASUEUR0003.jpg

2010_09022011LASUEUR0004.jpg

2010_09022011LASUEUR0005.jpg

2010_09022011LASUEUR0006.jpg

2010_09022011LASUEUR0007.jpg

whfan74

Steve,

Did your dad buy it brand new or used? Some parts of it have that homemade feel to me. :banghead: The engineering on it looks really good and looks like it would come in very handy. The back of the main frame looks to be cut kind of rough is why I think part of it may have been modified.

I can't say that I have ever seen a dump cart like that before either. :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

Scott...I was thinking the same thing. It does have a homemade feel to it, but works great. I doubt he bought it new, and I would bet he bought it as is. I was looking at the welds, and they are not his. The box is not home made for sure, and that is what I was hoping someone could shed some light on. :thumbs2: I have not seen another box like this.

Indy w h

Kinda looks like a boat trailer was hacked down to make the frame ??

If it works Keep using it !!!

Indy

squonk

That's gotta be home made. It's way too cool for any company to build it. My Mac died this morning. How's this used Gateway look from your end? :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

That's gotta be home made. It's way too cool for any company to build it. My Mac died this morning. How's this used Gateway look from your end? :banghead:

Mike...you are cracking me up...gateway looks great. :banghead: Ya it has a door latch key welded to the tongue...like you said..."way too cool for some company to make it". I guess I really would like to know if anyone has seen this style of the box before. :D:thumbs2: :thumbs:

squonk

That box looks like one of those slide in dumper for pick up only smaller. Also some grain wagons have the same style only larger too. I'd paint that critter up and put some "Cragar's"and 'Wide Ovals" on it :thumbs2: :banghead:

squonk

Mac back up. Wife removed the "Tecky" and dumped in a Kohler. :thumbs2:

SAM58

Looks like the box from a salt spreader from the State Highway Dept. would use in a pickup.... :thumbs2:

shorts

The trailer frame looks/feels homemade 60's style and the bed/box looks like something that Cushman or Taylor Dunn would have done for a small industrual truck or scooter for in plant use

stevasaurus

Thanks for the input guys. Gives me some ideas on places to look. I was thinking I would take it to Scott's M&G behind either the 702 or the 857. It is definitely an interesting piece of equipment. :thumbs2:

bk-scouter

Looks pretty cool to me whether it's home made or not. I love how steep the box is in the dump position...

-BK