Sign in to follow this  
DavidD

Wheelhorse hydro's

DavidD

I have been trying to compare wheelhorse hydro models. Between looking here and searching for old reviews, my question is "What was the strongest wheelhorse hydro that was made?". I looked at the D series, seem to be kinda rare to find one. Was the D series the largest one? The pictures of those type look large by comparison to some of the other models. :thumbs2: I have found out that I am having trouble keeping all the models straight in my mind. I thought I would ask for opinions. A lot of hands on this site have been a big help on getting every thing straightened out on my 312-8. I am now looking forward to aquiring a hydro in the future.

Thanks, everyone,

DavidD

TT

Any "standard" garden tractor model equipped with an Eaton model 11 and the Wheel Horse Uni-Drive with the 8 pinion differential / 1.125" axle combination would be a good choice.

The D-160/180/200 are big tractors but the hydro/transaxle is actually a weak link in those models.

DavidD

Thanks Terry, Eaton model 11, with unidrive. I appreciate the input. I have a feeling that getting one will involve a trip. I will start planning that out. I met a gentleman on this sight that I think can help me out.

Thanks again,

DavidD