Sign in to follow this  
zieg72

C-195 pros and cons...

refracman

Lets clear something up. The only real difference in the 195 and the other C's is the lower steering shaft ,front axle and tie rods and frame.

All the sheet metal is the same, as with all the hydro linkage and entire hydro/trans. The motor is just a K series twin. Any Kohler with a 1 1/8 crank will bolt right in with no mods, even if its a K magnum all you do is install the right ign. and change the arrangement of them on the ign switch. If the PTO goes bad just put the standard WH one on and your back in business. The mule drive is the same as the rest, the pulley is just spaced out for the belt to clear the hood.

The only thing that is hard to find, like almost nonexistent is the rear pto kit.

Plows for Ds come up now and again. As for the tiller its a from a D too. The deck is a Ariens, any Ariens dealer can get the parts except the hanger itself, heck you can get the 60in. deck shell brand new for under $250. The 48" is the same exact deck as the rest, I went out and checked, same as the others.

And yes I had a JD 400 besides being hard to work on and the weirdo power steering setup well to say the least left something to be desired.

While the standard WHs didnt have PS oy hyd ports, their montra was keep it simple stupid! There is no other brand out there where the same parts or attachments fit the same tractors 40 yrs with just a kit here or there. Or in the case of the 195 only some parts from the 40ys will fit and the others from 9 yrs of production.

My rant is done

• Like 3