Sign in to follow this  
squonk

Front spindle roll pin wear

squonk

The rt. front spindle on my 704 is starting to get sloppy. Looks like the wear is at the top roll pin. What's usually the fix for that? Drill it out bigger and put in a larger pin or is it much more involved?

shorts

I'd probably go to fastenal or MSC and get a tapered reamer and some tapered pins, remove the roll pins ream the holes in tha arm and spindle as an assembly and tap a tapered pin in, the solid pin won't give like a roll pin and the taper will remove and wear or slop in the hole.

WH854

The rt. front spindle on my 704 is starting to get sloppy. Looks like the wear is at the top roll pin. What's usually the fix for that? Drill it out bigger and put in a larger pin or is it much more involved?

Could it be possible a new roll pin would solve your problem? after all that roll pin could be a little rusty!!

gwest_ca

On Novemeber 8, 1963 they released product service bulletin #49 describing the proceedure to replace the roll pins with 5/16"x1-1/2" #933230 roll pins. The 1964 models would have been in production at this time but nothing on when this was started in production.

Garry

WH854

On Novemeber 8, 1963 they released product service bulletin #49 describing the proceedure to replace the roll pins with 5/16"x1-1/2" #933230 roll pins. The 1964 models would have been in production at this time but nothing on when this was started in production.

Garry

Toro has them in stock substatute 32121-25 :thumbs2:

Chas