Sign in to follow this  
Forest Road

Trans reenforcement plate

Forest Road

Does anyone know when they started adding these to tractors? And which models had them? I know the 520s did. Did any of the 400 and 500s have it?

kpinnc

I think after a certain point, all of the frames had them. My 1985 416-8 had it, and so did the 312-H for 1990. My 1987 310-8 also has it.

Unless I am mistaken, I've seen a C-81 with it as well, which would place the year back to before 1978.

rmaynard

My 1975 B-80 has them.

I wonder how bad they cracked before the change was made, since almost all of the frames that I have seen with the reinforcement bars still have cracks.

Forest Road

Thanks. But I'm referring to the 1/4" plate as used on the 520. It s the full size of the entire squared portion of the frame.8 I have the reinforcing strips on my 312. :thumbs2:

Tim

79 c141 did not have it.

had to put one in.

kpinnc

Thanks. But I'm referring to the 1/4" plate as used on the 520.

My 520-H is a 1991 model, and does not have one. Just the standard strip welded over the two bottom bolts at the tranny mount.

CRE1992

For future reference, I checked my 1987 414-8, 1995 416H, and 1995 520H. The 414-8 and 416H only have the standard strip welded and bolted in across the bottom bolts, whereas the 520H has the full 1/4 plate for reinforcement.