Sign in to follow this  
rrlascott

Stator

rrlascott

My GT 14 is well on the way to working again. A new carburator does much. I found you can only rebuild an old one so much. Now the stator is next. Do I rewind it or replace. I see no problem rewinding it, but I need the spects. LIke how many turns and what guage wire. The stator fits and works, but the output is low, around 10dcv. It was for another model, one that used a solid state system and not breaker like mine. If I knew the turns and all, I could easily redo it.

thank you russ

pfrederi

Stator outputs AC voltage. Have you checked its output directly or are you just reading after the voltage regulator? (Regulator could be bad) If you get about 30 volts AC at full throttle you stator is adequate.

Also check each leg of your stator output for continuity to ground (eg short) then check for continuity between them there should be very low resistance I don't remember the spec it is in the manual.

Stators show up on Ebay frequently for not much money. I have no clue about the number of wraps on each stator leg. It would seem to be a lot of work

Rooster

What engine?

I may have a stator for you.

Useful Info for everyone: Lawn Mower racers highly modify the engines. So much so that when I build a new engine the only original parts I use are the Block, Pan , Head, Crank and Camshaft. Everything else gets tossed.

They are a great resource for finding used engine parts!