Sign in to follow this  
Gerry w

My New Sweeper

Gerry w

Just wanted to say thanks to Scott for the excellent wheel Horse sweeper I got from him last year. And a Big Thanks to Kelly for holding it for me, helping me fit it in my wife's car and then the tour of his amazing collection and parts area!

These two gentlemen are what makes this "hobby" so much fun and also so rich. I purchased the sweeper some time ago from Scott, who agreed to tear it down, and then with the help of his dad tried to ship it! When he found out that shipping was going to be well over $100 he called me and agreed to get it to the Charlotte show for me this year.

Well, my daughter didn't seem to care about the show date and set her wedding for that time as well so I couldn't go. But Kelly agreed to get it from Scott and hold it for me when I had to drive to ANOTHER wedding this past weekend.

Thanks guys, you both go far and above what's asked of you. Scott, I'll see you next year I hope, and Kelly, as always a great pleasure talking to you and getting to share in your knowledge.

Gerry :thumbs2: :banghead:

mavfreak

:thumbs2:

It is amazing what the tractor community is like.

I joined the international harvester club just so I could go to a plow day. I don't own a cub but they didn't care. Yes there was some friendly ribbing but they welcomed me even still, and have been invited to every local event, and was asked to bring my WH to a cub show (couldn't attend but still)

The more I get involved with tractors the more wonderful people I run into. And many of them are right here!

Kelly

No problem, I'm glad to help when and where I can, I know I've had a helping hand from members here a few times, that's what friends are for right??!!

Brrly1

Gerry, now you went and did it Big time. I have to put up with these two guys until next year. Do you have any idea how big their heads have just grown? Yikes!!! ( :thumbs2:) you are a 100% correct! These two guys are great guys amongst several others in this fine hobby that we are all involved in. Kelly and Scott you guys rock. I just hope that your hat size is back to normal the next time I see you. :banghead::banghead:

:D

P.S. Can you guys tell I am board stiff with nothing else better to do.

AMC RULES

Are we gonna get to see an image of said sweeper? :thumbs2:

whfan74

Gerry,

You are too kind! I just treated you the same way you would have treated me and anyone else in this hobby. You are a good man as well! :thumbs2:

It was somewhat of a shock and a laugh for the two of us when we found out how much shipping would have been to get it out to Vermont. I am glad that it was able to all work out. We tucked it away in the back of the barn until Charlotte and did the hand off with Kelly. Kelly.......thanks for holding it a couple of weeks until

Gerry arrived.

As far as pictures............well I would advise Gerry against that. Number one it is all in pieces and a big jig saw puzzle. Number two...........it is in rough shape, especially the fabric for the basket which much of it is MIA. Gerry was excited to get it and his wife was going to help him restore it. I am glad that it isn't going to be scrapped and they will be able to bring it back to it's original beauty. I can't wait to see the final product Gerry!

Gerry w

Well Thanks again! I meant what I said, and folks are right, there are a lot of truly great folks in this hobby! Burrry1 your one too! (How's THAT fer hat size?) :banghead:

It is in parts and pieces in my garage right now, pics wouldn't do it justice. But it's all there and the metal is solid and the working parts work! (which is more then I can say for me some days!) I will tell you that when Kelly and I picked it up to STUFF it into my wife's car I was surprised by the weight!

When I get to fixing it up I'll do a progress posting.

Thanks again to all! You guys do rock! :thumbs2:

Gerry