Sign in to follow this  
Hammerhead

Good trade deal plus a little cash!

Hammerhead

A guy stopped by last week and wanted his 314-8 speed worked on, seems the carb is huffed or fuel pump. He said he got this tractor when he bought his house 2 years ago. It didn't run when he first got it but he got it going. He didn't want to dump a ton of money into it since it was so old he said. I told him I had a nice running newer mower that I would trade for. He looked it over and took it for a test drive. He said it was so much easier to drive than the big old WH. I said yes that is right! :banghead: He asked about the price and I said even up trade plus $100.00 for the new belts I just put on it. He said that is a good deal for him so we made the swap! Looks like it only has 660 hours on the WH. I have to clean it up still, but you can tell it is in very good shape! It should pollish up nicely! How's it look fella's? It's kinda new for my standards but it is a sweety! I'll have to rebuild the carb, he already put a new fuel pump on it. :banghead:

Hammerhead :thumbs2:042-1.jpg021-1.jpg020-2.jpg

dgoyette

Reminds me of the saying a about a fool and his money. But in this case a fool and his money AND WH are soon parted. He either can't understand the differences or doesn't care. It amazes me that a guy can use the machine for 2 years and not gain an appreciation for the quality especially when he compares the 314 and Huskee in person side by side!

That is a nice 314-8, I think she will clean up real nice!

mavfreak

well as long has he is happy. I know you are. Many people don't look at the quality of somethings.

Raider12

I would have to agree with mavfreak, some poeple don't look at quality. This guy obviously was just looking at the fact your tractor ran and his did not. His loss, your gain. :thumbs2:

boovuc

It's part of the "throw away" society the US has evolved into. His tractor didn't run but your tractor did! This is in many ways the reason that Wheelhorse and many other quality USA made manufactured items went by the wayside. "Why buy something that will run for decades when I can buy something cheap"? I know people who got rid of things because they didn't look nice anymore and Wal-Mart has them on sale!!!!!! :thumbs2:

That mentality and the shear costs of manufacturing a well made USA brand equals fewer sales. While I was out getting a mowerdeck from John out in Western PA earlier this year I stopped at his local Toro, (ex-Wheelhorse), dealer. He had two brand new 315-8 speed classics on his showroom floor. These had to have been made no later than 2007!! They weren

rmaynard

He asked about the price and I said even up trade plus $100.00 for the new belts I just put on it.

Shame on you. That's terrible. :banghead: You should have gotten at least $200. :banghead:

Some people wouldn't recognize quality if it jumped up and bit them. He will probably do very well with his new Husky, and next year he will be looking for another deal. Probably give the Husky away plus $100 for a Murray.

I think you got a very nice tractor. :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

:thumbs2:

Coadster32

Take the scores when you can get them! :thumbs2: