Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

New Tractor

6wheeler

Well, here we go again. Going to pick up a another "newer" tractor tomorrow after work. It is (what I believe) a 93, 520H. It does not have a deck with it and it has 980 hrs. if the meter works. It is not in the best of shape, but, it is complete and it runs real nice. I think I am getting it cheap enough. I just don't know enough about this model to know if it is a good deal or not. If I were to look for a deck, how much on the average do they go for? What can I put on it? I may just make it my garden tractor and forget the deck. I don't know. I am gonna ask the question and I probably already know the answer. But, what do you guys think its worth w/o a deck? I'd say it is probably in average shape for the age. The tires are decent and supposedly it doesn't use oil and the hydro is tight. Any way to really check that? Thanks in advance for your input...... Pat

kpinnc

A fair price is going to come down to you and the seller both being equally happy or equally disappointed with the deal. I have a 520-H that I got for $100, but I've seen them just like it sell for $1000. It's gonna be up to you...

IF it is a 1993 with the swept-forward axle, you can use any mowing deck. 36 RD/SD, 37SD, 42RD/SD, 48SD, or even the 60SD. Again, the prices vary quite a bit.

Good luck! :thumbs2:

jusjeepn

Look at it as a pile of parts! A running 20hp Onan generally brings in the nieghborhood $400-$800. The swept forward axle with spindles can fetch up to $200. The front tire/wheels usually bring $40-$100 depending on tire condition. Rear tire/wheels bring around $50-$100 apiece because they are a wider, sought after rim and again tire condition. The gear reduction steering brings $75 - $150. Do I really need to go on?

Yes they are worth more in pieces than assembled.

Operator

You know the saying Pat! :thumbs2:

I should have asked if you wanted to ride along to Jason's sat.