Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

You don't miss it

Horse Fanatic

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Ironically I am also recovering from a broken heel bone. Only one though so I can get around on crutches. Even that is very limiting. I'm on my second 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. Get well!

clintonnut

Seems like a lot of people are getting injuries right now. My dads buddy from college just broke his wrist and ankle after falling while doing repairs on his wyoming cabin.

The countdown clock to freedom is slowly ticking.... Tick... Tick... Tick

Charlie

Brrly1

Charlie, that is so very true. Tick.... Tick.... Tick.... I wished there was a way to speed up recovery time. Alot of diff. things are going on all around me but I am stuck here for now. Portland starts on Wednesday but its like oh well. After two weeks I still can not stand up or even come close to it still sliding from bed to computer chair to recliner. I have a wheel chair but it doesn't go thru the doorways. nothing but steps going in and out of house. Looking forward to the first steps I get to finally take. Anticipation is the real killer. Tick...Tick....Tick... :thumbs2:

:banghead:

Buzz

Seems like a lot of people are getting injuries right now.

My wife Carol tripped and broke her right ankle two weeks ago. She's on crutches for the third time now.

Brrly1

Well, I just got home from the doctor he says no bearing weight on the knees for at least four more weeks. Really getting frustrating, I actually thought I would be walking by now. Kind of unbearable for somebody that is normally ready,set,go. One of the guys I work with came over yesterday started putting in a drive gate across the back yard. He's going to put the fence running to the first pole and hang the other gate tomorrow. I did finally make it outside to supervise of course in my wheelchair. You guys in the eastern states hang tough and ride this thru. We don't need anything to go wrong. Take care. :thumbs2:

:banghead:

mavfreak

John, I know this has to hard on you but don't rush it, healing takes time. Just hang in there!

Brrly1

Boy Howdy, 4 weeks ago today my accident happened and to this day I still can not stand, let alone walk. It has to be some kind of record for watching movies, tv or even playing on the computer. Very frustrating, depressing. Extremely Bored. They are hopefully going to be setting up a ramp so I can take the wheel chair outside which will be nice. Now all I have to do is talk the guys into coming over and clean out my garage. Sure would be nice to be able to go out and get on a tractor just to go for a ride. Even up and down the alley sounds like fun. :banghead:

:thumbs2:

Martin

well john, i think id be going nuts. wish i lived closer. would be great to come over and get you on a tractor and go riding :thumbs2: just thinking aloud here.......maybe a meet and greet for some members closer to you is in order? you know, just to get you out on a tractor and do abit of riding........

sometimes the distance thing really sucks.......

JimD

John, pm sent. :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

Holy Toledo...how many Red Square members do we have that are out of action right now?? :banghead: I know when I have been in this position, I always got some books from the library. The only thing that passes the time faster then being on the computer, is reading. :banghead: I recommend the Harry Potter books. Each one is around 900 pages of excellent reading for all ages. :thumbs2: Hang in there John and all of you guys...take your time and heal right the first time.