Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

D series Snow thrower Vs. 2-stage Blower

mattd860

I'm looking to compare the D-series snow thrower against the 44" 2-stage blower for the 300/400/500 series.

Which one is more powerful and capable of moving more snow? Which one is more preferred?

Shuboxlover

I've often wondered this :woohoo:

I'll be interested in seeing what people say...

Good thread :D

Gerry w

I'm biased BUT check out my Vermonster post and videos here. It's a 18Auto that boosted to 20hp with an automated blower on it. NOTHING has stopped it! I've added a tall chute to the blower and I'd guess with light snow it pitches it 40Ft ?? Wet snow 25+ft. That's a a walking pace and my drive is steep and gravel and approx. 100yrds long.

(Duke has a nice pretty little tractor he calls the "snowchucker" but the Vermonster would eat it up and split it out. I'm guessing approx. 20+ ft toss on his tractor!) :ROTF::D

On our 26inche snow storm we had here last winter I just got in it and cleared the snow. This is while snow plows for the towns were breaking!

It makes snow removal fun!! :woohoo:

Gerry

Scot

I don't know if this is the D series you mention. It is a single stage blower tho. The deeper the snow gets the farther it throws it. If it's only a couple inches of snow it throws it about 10-15 feet. The deeper snow it throws it half way across my yard.

My opinion is single stage blowers are easier to run than dual stage. It seems like I spent alot of time clearing wet snow from the chute on the dual stage walk behind blower I used before I got this rig.

wheelhorse021.jpg