Sign in to follow this  
Giles

Hair Cuts??

Giles

My wife is a hair stylest, she has always cut my hair and all kids and grandchildren.

I would like to mention that she has a pair of scissors that cost over $300.00 !!!

She wouldn't tell me exactly but said they were of a lower quality!! She said she had considered some that cost over $1,000!!!!! :D Expensive ones carry a lifetime resharpening at no cost. Her's included.

Upon close inspection, I noticed what looked like grind marks along the cutting edge--thing is there are matching marks (grooves) along the mating edge. They form a circle to cut individual hair.

This is to prevent hair from sliding along the edge.

OH--she has never charged for family haircuts!! :woohoo:

Sparky

Just dont get her mad right before your haircut....oh boy would that be a terrible cut :woohoo: !

Mike...........

zieg72

My wife "had" a real expensive pair, lifetime sharpening, key word being had... Lost em long time ago. Camera.... lost it.... Keys.... gone.... Don't want to hi-jack the thread...

shootinok

At first look $300 seems outrageous, but a little thought and I realized;

Even a cheap haircut costs around $15.

you + 1 kid and its $30/month... more kids more $$ etc.

Those scissors pay for themselves in less than a year.

Now with all that money your saving, you can buy more tractor stuff! :woohoo:

HorseFixer

Sounds like Dale Garver thirdrock needs a set of those :ROTF: We were discussing the shaving thread at the

Charlotte Show and he says he has only been useing Scizzors since 1976 :D Im figuring if he saved all

those clippings he coulda made himself a MOLE HAIR SUIT :woohoo::D :P

DoctorHfuhruhurr

You can get 3 Flowbee hair cutting systems for $300. :woohoo:

webmombot2flat%20copy.jpg

mavfreak

My wife used to be a hairdresser and she has some very expensive scissors. At least I can bring that up when I want or need to buy a tool, works almost every time!

Rooster

My wife used to be a hairdresser and she has some very expensive scissors. At least I can bring that up when I want or need to buy a tool, works almost every time!

And that's what you call compromise in marriage...you let her spend alot of money once, then bring it up every time you want to spend alot of money for the next 5 years!

Did I mention I am divorced?

mavfreak

I'm a Auto tech tools are my life and livelihood. And she understands it, because she had to buy "tools" when she worked as a hairdresser

And you can tell your divorced without having to say it

HorseFixer

At least I can bring that up when I want or need to buy a tool, works almost every time!

Mav, :woohoo: I like yer angle of thinking! :ROTF:

Cheers ~Duke

:D

rmaynard

As with any type of tool, you get what you pay for. With the cost of sharpening at anywhere from $15.00 to $25.00, I'd say that $300.00 with lifetime sharpening is a bargain.

shorts

The first wife was a cosmetoligist and it seemed like at least once a year a new more expensive pair of scissors was required, I'm a $19.95 wallyworld clipper cut kinda guy, if the wife won't cut my hair I will, the difference is my haircuts take a few days to start to look decent :woohoo:

KC9KAS

I am sitting here reading all of these threads with tears in my eyes because I am laughing so hard!

This :woohoo: forum is educational, AND comical!!

Redbirdman

You can get 3 Flowbee hair cutting systems for $300

And I too am laughing......I have not had a haircut since 1986...... :D

I have not had hair since 1987..............( ) <---my head

I figger a saving of about a grand since then..... :ROTF::woohoo:

ed :D

Curmudgeon

Sounds like Dale Garver thirdrock needs a set of those :banghead: We were discussing the shaving thread at the

Charlotte Show and he says he has only been useing Scizzors since 1976 :D Im figuring if he saved all

those clippings he coulda made himself a MOLE HAIR SUIT :thumbs2::banghead::thumbs:

Hey now, I get a hair cut every couple of years, whether I need one or not!!!! I can't afford to go throwing $15 away for such things very often.