Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

The "Big Ten" with a diff. look

illinilefttackle

:banghead: I'm just saying-It's a "W"-Thanks-Al :thumbs2:

Brrly1

Well, all I can say is that one came out of nowhere. The Hawkeyes were down 24 - 3 almost thru the third quarter. I believe there was like 11 seconds left when they finally scored there first touchdown. I almost shut it off to take a nap but then the way they came around controling the blitz it all of a sudden got very interesting. The offensive line came to life. Then low and behold so did the defense. It was like WOW! thats the Hawkeyes I know and love. At any rate win or lose I will always follow. There were a few close ones yesterday with Illinois squeaking by Arizona State. Duke, I think you missed that one by a little bit. Ohio State I am not even gonna start picking on you but Toledo almost had ya. I am sure things will be looking up for you soon. Overall I think the Big Ten came out on top yesterday. Its going to be a Great year for the Big Ten! As always,

Go Hawkeyes!!!! :thumbs2:

:banghead:

JimD

Yea Brrly, the Buckeyes have a long season ahead of them, and will be trying to recover from their off the field mistakes. Probably for years to come. But enough about that. They were out played yesterday plain and simple. No excuses. The score tells the story. Still my team though.

GO BUCKEYES

C-Series14

I agree with ya Jim...outplayed. They seemed to settle down a little defensively but the offense was not there. The defense was worn out by the end! You pick it up and move on to the next week.

GO BUCKS!

HorseFixer

Duke, I think you missed that one by a little bit. Ohio State I am not even gonna start picking on you but Toledo almost had ya. I am sure things will be looking up for you soon. Overall I think the Big Ten came out on top yesterday. Its going to be a Great year for the Big Ten! As always,

Go Hawkeyes!!!! :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Yeah John, I sure did! Its not that I am a lover of the Spartans I just plain and simple Hate ND <_< Im for 11 teams and thats anyone who plays them! :thumbs2:

I will pull for any Big Ten Team in a Bowl Game and manytimes as long as they are not competing for a big ten championship and in the Wolverines

Way! :banghead: I sure wont have to worry about that this year :banghead: cause they have a long way to go to return to where they were 5 years ago. :D

MICHIGANHELMET.jpg "GO BLUE:

stevasaurus

Go Illinois...we have a chance to break into the top 25 this week:::

ILL-1.jpg

illinilefttackle

Go Illinois...we have a chance to break into the top 25 this week:::

ILL-1.jpg

:thumbs2: Good picture- Course you know the Chief doesn,t exist anymore! The NCAA in it's infinite wisdom- and few congress men scared of native american back lash-killed him.

He still represents the Illini to me-Thanks-Al

indian2.jpg

stevasaurus

Ya Al, I know about the Chief...followed it a few years ago. I think it was a shame as no disrespect was ever intended or demonstrated. Anyway the AP poll placed us at #24. I hate to say this, but I see the Illini possibly being 11-1 at the end of the season...and they have Wisconsin at home. Could be a great year for Illinois. :thumbs2:

whfan74

Ya Al, I know about the Chief...followed it a few years ago. I think it was a shame as no disrespect was ever intended or demonstrated. Anyway the AP poll placed us at #24. I hate to say this, but I see the Illini possibly being 11-1 at the end of the season...and they have Wisconsin at home. Could be a great year for Illinois. :banghead:

Drinking that Rock n Rye a little early today huh Steve? :banghead:

Did you see where Michigan is ranked???? Oh yeah now I see it.....they are 22! :thumbs2:

boovuc

Well........in regard to PSU................we barely beat Temple and were blown off the field by Alabama.

In a nutshell, Penn State can't compete at the level they used to. It's going to be a long season in Happy Valley unless this team gels. And using two quaterbacks has never worked! :thumbs2:

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

JimD

I was sittin here pourin over this thread when I decided a guy who knows squat about college football should take a crack at a few predictions. The results will probably seem a little wild to some of you. They did to me. But I was told this method I'm using is a pretty good one. So here we go, and don't go throwin rocks towards Ohio and resorting to scandal BS if ya don't like them. Time will tell...

Central Mich. over Mich. St.

Penn St. over Eastern Mich.

Iowa over Louisiana Monroe

San Diego St. over Michigan :thumbs2: Told ya some of these were wild.

Colorado over Ohio St. Broke my heart to even type this one. :banghead:

Western Mich. over Illinois Could be a long afternoon Steve. :banghead:

PROVE ME WRONG BUCKEYES!

bk-scouter
San Diego St. over Michigan

JimD

I would think Rocky Long has his own playbook by now, and he is responsible for their much improved defense from being defensive coordinator for the last two years. Should be a good game at any rate. :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

Glad to see you tried the method Jim...did Karin try it also? :banghead: Of course, I hope you are wrong about the Illinois game. :banghead:

San Diego St. is a better team then many think...this should be a great game. BTW...one of these 2 teams won their bowl game last year. :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Glad to see you tried the method Jim...did Karin try it also? :banghead: Of course, I hope you are wrong about the Illinois game. :thumbs:

San Diego St. is a better team then many think...this should be a great game. BTW...one of these 2 teams won their bowl game last year. :thumbs2:

Yes San Diego State is a great Team cause Brady made um that way, But Brady is back home where he belongs and what a difference that D*CK ROD is gone! :D :banghead:

HorseFixer

Anyway the AP poll placed us at #24. I hate to say this, but I see the Illini possibly being 11-1 at the end of the season...and they have Wisconsin at home. Could be a great year for Illinois. :banghead:

:thumbs2:

illinilefttackle
Anyway the AP poll placed us at #24.

stevasaurus

Al, we got there, but it was the closest Big Ten game of the day...so far. :thumbs2:

I'll take the Win. Be nice to beat 2 Michigan teams this year. :banghead:

HorseFixer

Al, we got there, but it was the closest Big Ten game of the day...so far. :thumbs2:

I'll take the Win.

bk-scouter

The results will probably seem a little wild to some of you. They did to me. But I was told this method I'm using is a pretty good one.

Jim, if I were you, I would'nt run off to Vegas with this 'method' quite yet... :thumbs2:

-BK

stevasaurus

The results will probably seem a little wild to some of you. They did to me. But I was told this method I'm using is a pretty good one.

Jim, if I were you, I would'nt run off to Vegas with this 'method' quite yet... :banghead:

-BK

Jim, I would not take that method to Vegas either. :D That said...you have to be in touch with your feelings for this to work. :thumbs2: You were 2 out a 6, and 33% in Vegas is probably good odds. Bob is 0 for 2...he thought Mich St. would beat ND last week. :thanks: AND he thought Michigan would roll over ND the week before. :thumbs:...good thing they finally played 4 quarters. :banghead: Jim...I would give the method another shot...the only way is up. :thumbs:

We start the real season next week...every game counts now...I'll bet a few teams wished they had played a rated opponent by now...Illinois did. :D and a couple of the teams probably wished they had not. :USA: Still looks like a great season to me for the Big Ten.

DISCLAIMER:::

Remember...trash talk is expected. :ROTF:

JimD

Jim, if I were you, I would'nt run off to Vegas with this 'method' quite yet... :thumbs2:

-BK

Yea BK, it doesn't look too promising at this point. I guess I won't become the next "Jimmy The Greek" any time soon. :banghead:

And Steve, yea, about that being in touch with your feelings thing, I don't think I'm ready for a skirt and a purse, and I hear those pumps are murder on your feet. Is that right? :banghead:

HorseFixer

Jim, I would take yer method to Miss Prisses Cat Emporium! where Bobby Bowden & Peggy hang out! :thumbs:

Might be able to trade your method for something there! :D And for you MR. ILLINI since you like twist your statistics so much let me add some factual statistics that you can naw on while sipping some Rock n Rye! :banghead:

Yer Coach Ron Zook

He is not even a 500 coach in the last 9 years with 51 wins and 59 losses! Jeesh any real college

would have canned his azz. But the Allini ?????"Thats considered good for them." :banghead:

He should manage an Amusement park Like "Cedar Point" cause his record is like a Roller Coaster! :thumbs2:

RONZOOK.jpg

The Wolverines Record Against The Allini

The Wolverines Own a 66-21-2 an (0.753) record against the Allini.

Even Ole Red Grange 1925 Power House Team Went Down To The Wolverines.

UMILINIRECORD.jpg

Sooooo the only way I see you can have a Winning Team in the Big 10? Switch to Michigan cause I can show you

similar Statistics with all of them against Michigan. The Wolverines are the Winn ingest Team in all of college football Bar None! :thumbs:

DISCLAIMER:::

Remember...trash talk is expected. Most especially when it states the facts!!!

Brrly1

YIKES!!!! :thumbs2::banghead::banghead:

:D

Brrly1

Ok, open mouth insert foot. Does this mean that I am next? I bet you must have every team that Michigan plays in there or at least the Big Ten. I really don't believe that anybody here is arguing that Michigan has one of the best programs out there. What we are talking about is the game that is being played today. Say the last five years or so with that included Michigan is pretty much at the bottom. We are all aware who and what Michigan stands for25,40 or 60 years ago means absolutely nothing to me. Let's talk about the game being played now. Its nice that you can come up with all of these statistics but they don't mean squat to me. BFD Like I said I am probably next but oh well. :thumbs2:

:banghead: