Sign in to follow this  
jbumgarner

Snow/Dirt Blade

jbumgarner

I was hoping you all could let me know what you guys do for cutting edges. Do you get them made locally, make them yourselves or buy new. I was looking at mine over the weekend and was hoping to be able to flip it, but it is too far gone. The only good thing is the wear hasn't gotten up into the blade yet, but before I use it very much I will need to replace the edge. Suggestions would be appreciated.

:woohoo:

rmaynard

I had a friend that worked in a steel fabrication shop make one for me. That was about 10 years ago, and the cost was around $20.00. I'm sure it would be a lot more now.

Eriks Red horse herd

I make my own! You can get the steel from most hardwares , TSC store or steel distributers. I usually get it a little wider piece you get a little extra ware in the blades. Just center your old blade on top of the new and transfer the hole location, drill out the holes and then take a square file and file the holes out for the carraige bolts to fit. Oh by the way i only use cold Rolled Steel don't need to use any thing more expensive like any harder steel than that . Wheel Horse themselves only used cold rolled steel and it will lasted for quite a while! Good luck in what ya do!

Old Dave

The last one I made was out of 1/4" plate steel which is about twice as thick as the OEM one. I got the steel from the scrap bin at work so it only cost me $.12 per pound. The new hardware cost me way more than the steel.