Sign in to follow this  
jaydeer

Selling Wheel Horses

jaydeer

About two months ago after buying a zero turn to cut my six acres I was "encouraged" by my wife to downsize my collection, as no sane person should have 30 tractors. Things started off well as I was able to sell 4 gt14s, my c195 with loader, a 1054, swap out a c145 for an indy 500 for my dad, (all to RS members) and a 520h and 312-8. The trouble started when I swapped for a members 552. Then I swapped for a C81. I then found a complete Charger 12 with electric PTO and a 42 inch rear discharge deck that I "needed" on Friday, then found a c160 that was in great shape but knocked. It had a 36 inch rear discharge deck that was only 5 years old, and a new lower seat and was only 250.00. Sooo I guess I can say I have made some progress. The market for selling is down due to many factors and I just seem to be finding decent items everywhere. I compare the process of downsizing a collection to trying to lose 20 pounds when the gym is closed and you work at a pizza shop!

AUgust72011015.jpg

AUgust72011014.jpg

AUgust72011013.jpg

The good news is someone is looking at my 4 C195s and the two D's and the 520, so maybe I will make some progress. Enjoy the pics. :woohoo: :D

crazy horse

i think there is something in the water. might be able to help out with a few come next year :woohoo:

rmaynard

Enjoy the pics.

Can't see much detail in a thumbnail. Can you make them bigger?

squonk

If you sell your 4 C195's, 2 D's, and the 520 and buy 7 round hoods that's downsizing in my mind! :D:woohoo::ROTF: :D

jaydeer

RMaynard - Not sure how to make them bigger. JDR

refracman

Heck Jaydeer between us we must of owned most of the 195s along the lake, I have 7 now and sold number 8.

Anyhow couple of yrs ago I thought I decieded to sell the herd off to a just a few. Well it sorta happened, sold off so i was down to maybe 12, then bought some more,great deals I told myself. Sold a couple at least I think I did :woohoo: ! Now I'm back up to 23, I think, maybe, :D ya 23.

Still cant figure out how its happening :D . I think their multiping on their own! :ROTF:

Yup understand your predicament.

boovuc

Hi John,

I have been "nudged" about my sanity with six operational tractors and a few rollers for parts. I'm parking the truck outside in winter while she will have a cozy left side of the garage for her car. I only have an acre to tend to minus the footprints of the house, garage, shed, driveway and a wooded section. Some people collect milk bottles. Others collect guns. We collect things that are just a bit bigger and take up room. Sane or nuts, it puts a smile on my face. (Except during hail, ice and snow storms). :D

Oh and......I'm fighting the compulsion to inquire about one of the C-195's. :woohoo:

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

can whlvr

im with ya guys,i have 6 usable and a few parts machines and my wife is on me,im out of work right now and might have to consider selling some,it hurts but food comes first :woohoo:

Wheel Horse Kid

It is very easy for them to multiply!

rmaynard

RMaynard - Not sure how to make them bigger. JDR

PM me and I will help you. :woohoo:

sned

Does red square have a thirty club? I am sure there quite a few members with 30+ tractors. I just met one the other day. You guys should get like a special logo or something

New-To-Red with C-195

Out of curiosity, why would you sell the C195's instead of some of the others? :woohoo:

fireman

I did the same thing for a while. Down sized then something would come along, then another and another, and pretty soon I was right where I had started. At my high point I was up to 14 and finally realized I didn't have the room to properly store them nor give them the exercising they really need. So now I'm down to 4 :D and 2 Deere. I have passed on so many sweet deals it almost makes me sick, but I know in my mind that it was the right thing to do. Some (mostly new collectors) buy just because they are there. After awhile you begin to learn what is really important. To me keeping them stored inside nice and warm in the winter and be able to run them and not let them sit there and stare at is most important.

On a side note: If I had a big flat piece of property with unlimited storage I would probably have 50 :woohoo:

baerpath

Sold two more today so thats 12 since the show, while only buying 7 so the thinning of the herd is working. And the new ones take up less room than the D250's and 18 Auto did. Guess thats the way it goes

Duane