Sign in to follow this  
Steve in Mo

My first Round Hood

Steve in Mo

Well I picked up a pretty sound round hood yesterday. Md# is L106 ser.@ 221911. Was a working tractor but kept in a shed so no serious rust. Only sheet metal problem is the bracket that holds the hood on in front is broken. Little welding and it will be fine. Needs a carb but the mtr. is loose and seems to have compression. also needs a seat but the deck is in great shape. Can someone give me information on this unit as I have no experience with the Lawn Rangers? How about carb and seat cost and some pictures? I will post a picture or two as soon as I get a munite. Think this one will get a good going over and continue to work for a living. Mabey some time afiter I retire it will become a traler queen.

racinfool40

Check out or picture gallery..There's pick's of the L-156, L-107,L-157 pretty much the same tractor. the 6 on the end designates the year:

L-106 1966 pull start

L-156 1966 electric start

L-107 1967 pull start

L-157 1967 electric start

Good luck with your machine and Of course :woohoo:

tbbahner

I have a L156, only difference is mine is electric start.

It has a Tecumseh motor on it which everyone hates. IMO they ain't that bad, they pack a lot of power in a small/lightweight package.

You have to watch the oil level on them as they only take a little under a quart if my memory serves me, which it doesn't very often. Not enough they blow up, too much and they throw it out the breather.

The carbs can be a little finicky, but once dialed in, they run great. Tecumseh went out of business a few years ago but have been picked up by someone else, so parts are hit and miss. Surely you will be able to find a carb from someone around here that has repowered with a Kohler.

You'll have a lot of fun with it, as I think they're one of the neatest looking tractors around.

Tom B

Rossville Ks

jay in nc

good luck with the ranger, i have a1967 l-157 electric start i bought at the w.h. show in 2004 ,never mowed with it but it shure will pop a wheely! lots of fun! two weeks ago i cleaned the carb & aired up the tires,pulled the rope started on the second pull so its back in the running herd. :woohoo:

Rooster

..... Tecumseh went out of business a few years ago but have been picked up by someone else, so parts are hit and miss. .....

Tom B

Rossville Ks

I have a local dealer who so far has not had a problem getting Tecumseh parts. If anyone has a problem finding anything I may be able to help.