Sign in to follow this  
gnrl

introduction and A-111 belt

gnrl

hi everyone. i'm dave from the east coast and i own a A-111 riding mower. yes i know, its not a true tractor but i use it as one! it is built great and easily hauls several small yard tools around.

anyway, i am having a tough time replacing the cutter belt. the old one cut in half and did not have any markings on it because they probably wore off. i measured it at 1/2" and 68" and found belt 4L680 would fit. however, it clearly does not (to tight).

so before keep going to buy random belts, does anyone know where i can find a service manual or owners manual for my machine? or, at least the belt size? it has provided me with years of service and id hate to scrap it because i cant find the right belt!

best regards!

Dave

Attached Image

post-3-1312531278.jpg

shorts

:woohoo: try parts tree, use your model and serial number to get the :D part number, the other thing that comes to mind is are you sure that the belt is routed correctly? The statement that the belt was cut indicates that you pulled out the reminants and not that you removed the belt.

The Toolman

Go to a toro dlr an get the right belt. Be sure an take all the model an serial #'s with ya.

Anyway, Howdy There

Ron

BOWTIE

Hello, I think your mower is a 1979. If so TORO number 107647 or 70.5" x 1/2". good luck BOWTIE IN COLUMBUS

chazm

Hello :D

Chaz :woohoo:

gnrl

hi shorts thanks for the reply. thanks for showing me parts tree, ive never heard of it and it looks to be a great resource. partstree calls for a 1/2" x 67", i have a 1/2" 68" belt.

anyway, it looks like i had it routed incorrectly. upon further inspection, the belt fits fine when i only use one of the idler pulleys. this must have been how the old belt went.

on partstree, it lists 2 possible belt routes, each using only one idler pulley. one pulley is static (this route would have the blades always on) and the other route works with the blade engagement lever.

the always on route is the left box

the works with lever route is the right box.

so i guess my problem is solved....but just curious if anyone can shed light on why 1 of the idler pulleys would not be used at any given time? what would be the purpose of the "always-on" route?

thank you for your time,

dave

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 5 )

gif.gif

dispdiagimg.php.gif

gnrl

hi other friends! sorry i didnt see your replys (only shorts) at the time of my 2nd post. thank you for your help!