Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

Rear View Mirrors - Mock-Up Pics Added 8/3/11

71_Bronco

I know this is going to sound a little odd, but has anybody ever munted rear view mirrors on their Horse.

I have always been into the 60's muscle cars, and thought a set of mid 60's mustang mirrors would look pretty cool. I was thinking one on each side, mounted on the side of the hood in the rear near the dash.

I know they wouldn't have much function, as you could always turn around.

So what do you guys think?

Here is a pic of the mirrors I am talking about.

81_Mirror_57691_mustangs_unlimited_29.95_x2_53.90.jpg

Oh, and they also make very similar ones with a rectangle mirror, which might look better as my tractor is more squared off.

can whlvr

slap em on and let us see how they look :woohoo:

WildHorses

:woohoo: :D What's wrong with turning your head around?? :ROTF:

312Hydro
:woohoo:

Sparky

I vote no. :woohoo:

Mike........

wheelhorse656

I think the rectangular set of mirriors like on a 69 Ford Galixey would look nice on it!. :woohoo:

71_Bronco

Well, for those of you who are interested, and took my post seriously, here are a few mock-up pics. I was able to borrow my dad's mirrors off his 64 Falcon, since it is all apart anyways.

One thing you will notice, with them near the dash, is interference with the Hydro lever. They would have to be pushed forward a little to clear that.

For what it's worth, my dad hates the look lol

When they are up by the dash, they actually do work pretty well, and look pretty good in my opinion. Up front, they don't look so good.

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

jachady

I don't mind them up by the dash. Been thinking of doing something like this for my tilling tractor. Your neck starts to hurt having your head turned all the time.

Anglo Traction

Depends whether you require look's or function (or both). If I need to give the 'Ole Neck Muscles' a rest, I think I would fit a Rear View Camera and have a small detachable clip-on Monitor. They are fairly cheap and give a wide viewing angle.

Monitors are in colour, so you can still define what is Mud and what is Red on your Attachments!.

312Hydro

Depends whether you require look's or function (or both). If I need to give the 'Ole Neck Muscles' a rest, I think I would fit a Rear View Camera and have a small detachable clip-on Monitor. They are fairly cheap and give a wide viewing angle.

Monitors are in colour, so you can still define what is Mud and what is Red on your Attachments!.

Now that's a high tech solution that I like :woohoo:

jtmoyer

i think they look like mouse ears. M I C..... K E Y.... :woohoo:

can whlvr

so now i see them i personally dont like them,but if function is to over ride then go for it

Coadster32

I know it's a mock up but...if it were me, I'd put the motor UNDER the hood. :woohoo:

The mirrors look pretty cool up front IMO.

71_Bronco

i think they look like mouse ears. M I C..... K E Y.... :woohoo:

lol, it's fine, that's what my dad said.

The reason this came up was because I was surfin' Ebay for hood ornaments, ones for cars, seeing if I could find something cool to put up front instead of the rather small factory one. After all, this isn't going to be a full "back-to-factory-stock" restoration. Then it hit me, what about classic car mirrors, and that's what made me post this.

Honestly, I am not going to do the mirrors, as I feel they look too out of place, and the function will not be much benefit. As my dad pointed out... "what they hell do you need to see behind you? you are on a lawnmower" lol.

If I was to do them, I would prolly do them up by the dash, as I think they look better up there.

All in all, I guess you could say this thread was a bit... out there. But then again, who knows, maybe it would have looked badass and everybody would be running to the store for mirrors.

In the words of Oscar Wilde, "A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world"

Duff

I know it's a mock up but...if it were me, I'd put the motor UNDER the hood. :woohoo:

:D:ROTF::D

Duff :P

71_Bronco

:ROTF::D:P

Duff :D

Actually, I was thinking about making a puller out of it. Mounting the motor up front would help keep the front axle down :D

:D

The motor is out because I am doing a resto on the tractor. The hood is just laid on there, and the fender / seat are just resting on the rear tires, just for the sake of the mock-up.

panther

I vote no. :woohoo:

Mike........

same with me i vote no too <_<