Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

Pawn Stars

CasualObserver

My brother-in-law is going to be on Pawn Stars tonight. 9pm c.s.t. on the History Channel!

JimD

How will we know him? :woohoo:

smokin joe

Kinda wishin I had the History channel!!!

CasualObserver

He'll be the guy selling a high school yearbook.

Sparky

To late for me. It was on at 10pm for us "east coasters" and I'm up at 4am everyday so its early to bed for me.

Did he make a killing on the yearbook? Enough to retire maybe? Or just enough to buy a nice dinner :woohoo: ?

Mike........

stevebo

I watched it and he got $2000 for his Ronald Regan yearbook !! Good deal.

smoreau

I watched it and he got $2000 for his Ronald Regan yearbook !! Good deal.

Sweet!! I was watching and fell asleep as they were waiting for the expert to look at it.

Horse'n Around

I really enjoy that show . I saw your post and realized that it was on at that very minute so I rushed upstairs and 2 minutes later your brother in law came in with the yearbook so I got to see it. He got $2,000 for it, Very cool!

My wife lived in Vegas for 13 yrs and we always go there for a week on vacation. The next to last time we went we stopped at the pawn shop just for the heck of it. It is a LOT smaller inside than the show makes it look. I wanted to see that Rupp Roadster 2 mini bike up close and see if it was for sale, but it isnt. Its just for display. When we were there they were just setting up to film for the day. Chumlee and Corey were there, I heard one of the production assistants ask "wheres the Old man" and Corey said he got PO'd and left an hr ago :woohoo:

Coadster32

I too watch the show. (too late for me at 10pm, so I dvr it). He did pretty good wheeling for the yearbook. :woohoo:

CasualObserver

Yeah, we got some interesting behind the scenes stories too. My BIL and Corey were talking while they weren't filming and apparently he said something about they lose like 10K and hour when they have to close the shop for filming. I'm sure they make up for it in other ways..... you know... like being on national TV. I imagine that when they buy cool stuff they get people calling from all over the country to buy it. My BIL's wife and her parents were there too... we saw them in the background as extras. That was fun. Let's just say our family links in facebook have pretty much exploded in activity over this little event!

We DVR'd it too, so our daughter could see it. She flipped out when she saw her uncle on TV. She HAD to call and ask him why he was on tv! (She's 3)

nylyon

That's pretty cool. I was on MTV years back, we didn't have Facebook so the event went unnoticed....

71_Bronco

Very cool. I too read this post about 10 minutes of 10 (I'm eastern time), so I jumped up and turned it on.

No offense to your B.I.L., but I wouldn't have sold something like that, too much family history, especially the letter.

I do agree though that he did a good job haggling with them, and made out in the end.

I always like to watch the show when I can, you see all kinda of weird stuff, and it's always funny when Corey or Chumlee does something stupid and Rick & The Old Man flip out, like when Chumlee got the Bob Dylan album signed, but had it made out to him, or when Corey bought the hot air balloon.

T-Mo

I guess I just don't get the appeal of the show - I watched once or twice but I just didn't care for it. I do watch and enjoy American Pickers, but just not into Pawn Stars. BTW, Mike and Frank did a pick for Pawn Stars a couple of weeks back and they also brought in Rick from American Restoration.

If I would have saw this thread earlier, I probably would have gave Pawn Stars another chance, just to see Jason BIL.