Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

bagger

dgjks6

OK, I finally settled on my first purchase for my new past time. I decided to keep the 37 inch deck and add a bagger for the fall to help with the leaves. The owners manual talks about a high lift blade for the bagger. Ther are $91 at the toro site. Someone before, on a topic I may have started talked about drilling out a gator blade. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? I only paid $100 for the bagger and I would hate to double it unless I have too.

Greg

DMESS

Check some other sources. I bought the whole blade set from my local dealer about 2 years ago for around $60 or so. This was both blades and the lift extensions for the chute side blade. $91 sounds CRAZY high!

I'll see what I can find for you!

Teddy da Bear

I went to the local tractor supply. I got a set of blades that was a bit larger than what my horse required.

I had a machinist friend of mine bore the center holes larger for the wheel horse deck. I then cut them to size based on dimensions from the center of the new hole. I then ground back the cutting edge on each blade and made sure they balanced. $32 for a set of 3 blades.

And they are double sided! You just flip them over and you have a new cutting edge.

DMESS

Toro #115084 is the blade kit which includes the standard blade, high lift blade and extensions. Approx $62-65 dollars. Or #115083 is just the single high lift blade with extensions for Approx $53-55. For $10 more I'd replace the whole shebang!

Prices vary souce to source, but $91 is insane!

Oh, don't try useing aftermarket stuff on this application. Double sided won't work either. The lift blade is very application specific. When I bought mine it had some cheapy blade on it and they where not a proper fit nor did they "feed" the bagger properly.

dgjks6

Teddy - You guys all have friends with cool talents. I have no friend with a machine shop. My neighbors have lawn services.

DMESS - where did you see that price?

Greg

DMESS

Greg, I just went to our "links" section and used Jacks Small Engine. There are quite a few parts suppliers listed in the links. Plug the part numbers into various ones and compare prices. A local dealer should be very similar in price and save you shipping, unless your quite far from any dealers.

DMESS

Greg, what style of bagger did you get? Single basket or twin. If it's twin, does the top flip up? That would be considered the "Easy Twin" style.

dgjks6

twin bagger

have not unloaded it yet so do not know which one.

I have a dealer down the street. I'll stop on the way home.

Greg

DMESS

If the cost scares you, the last Easy Twin I saw on ebay brought $240 WITHOUT the blades. I think you did fine for $100 even if you need the new blade set.

Let us know how you make out at the dealer.

T-Mo

Why bag? With the Gator blades just mulched those leaves up. :whistle:

WHwest8597

So you have to use specail blades if you have the Twin Bagger? Is there a major difference using the different blades?

dgjks6

I have too many leaves to mulch. Just looking for a little help. For the big leaves I have a 10hp blower. It will blow rock the size of bowling balls. Also, any thing works when the leaves are dry. When they are wet high speed blowing is what I found works the best. That and my six kids with rakes :whistle: .

I would like to try a set of gator blades for the grass, but they don't make them for the 37 inch deck.

The rear bagger requires one high lift blade - according to the parts list.

Greg

Rollerman

I use a "PeCo" brand vac with it's own engine/vacume :WRS:

It's pretty handy since it hangs off the back of the tractor & makes leaf pick up a snap. :whistle:

nylyon

I use the MBS rake to pickup the leaves. Sure wish I had a bagger on the tractor though.

T-Mo

Hmm, I'm just the opposite - I have too many leaves to bag. I will spend all my time dumping than picking up. So I mulched, though the wife don't like it.

TT

I did better than all that......

I cut all of the trees down! :WRS:

Anything that blows in from far off gets side-discharged into the ditch and the water takes it away. :whistle:

T-Mo

TT,

That sounds like the best solution, and you don't have to worry about storms nor ice bringing any trees down onto your power line or house. :whistle:

Rollerman

Anything that blows in from far off gets side-discharged into the ditch and the water takes it away.

Sounds like the next logical step TT. :whistle:

I'll start building a back hoe attachment...then install a moat to put the leaves into... :D ....see simple.

LOL...in my case we have town ordinances about where you can put the leaves, what day you can put them along the curb for pickup, what color they need to be when they fall out of the trees...ah the city life :WRS:

Being able to vac them works really slick for me with one exception....emptying the leaves out of the vac where Lexi hangs out. :D