Sign in to follow this  
smoreau

? for the Charlotte WH show

smoreau

This will be my first time to the :D show that Kelly puts on in Charlotte MI. So I need some of your input for members that have been to Kellys show with kids. I am a single father raising a 9 year old little girl named Gabby on my own. I would like to bring her to the show as her mother has canceled her trip to NC this summer. So, the original plans were to go to the show by my self while she was gone. But the plans have changed and I can't decide whether to bring her along. I know when I have been to other shows I tend to get talking with the guys about different things and tend to not meet her needs :woohoo: I know that's not a good thing, and I don't want her to not have a good time at the show. There's a lot I want to do and see at the show that she will have little interest in and she will want to do other things. If I can do it right we should be able to get both her needs and mine I hope. But there will be times that she will be board out of her mind. The other option is that she goes to my mom and dads for the week end. I plan on camping Fri and Sat night, And that will be great for both of us, but during the show is my concern. So what do you guys think would be the best thing to do, bring Gabby, or leave her at Grandmas?

GlenPettit

You must bring her. There are a lot of young kids and they all have fun all day, Kelly has activities and plans just for them. Last year there was a wagon train going constantly.

Michigan Glen

smokin joe

I have never been to Kelly's show but he is a family guy.....Your little girl should have a great time...While your talking to fellow WH guys she could be riding the train that Kelly's boy runs and I'm sure there are other activities for kids :woohoo: :D

Martin

Scott,

Yes bring her along. I will be bringing my son Kent along, he's 11, and as others have said there will be other kids there. I am also single parenting it that weekend as my wife can't get time off work.

He's looking forward to the show. He's also getting to drive the 875 on the weekend... :woohoo:

stevasaurus

You really want to bring her...plenty to keep her busy and you will not be sorry. Lots of kids there also...I will tell you this...if you bring her...you will be back next year also...she will want to come back. :D Trust me. :woohoo:

smoreau

OK This sounds GREAT! I will bring her! I just didn't know what the kids did at the shows, and wanted to know be for I tell her yes or no that she was going. I asked her this evening if she wanted to go, and she asked " what do I do if I get board?" So that's when I got the idea to ask you guys. You all have been there and I haven't. I am really getting the itch for next week end! Can't wait to meet some of you guys, I am bringing two home made non :woohoo: items to the show, first off is my 1/3rd scale JVR mini ambulance that I made for my friends at Junction Vally Railroad for there Spook train in October, and N1defans meals on wheels 12hp picnic table.

Eriks Red horse herd

Scott- yes Bring your daughter! I bring both my kids i have a 6 year old son and a 12 year old daughter and there is lots to see and do. If she has a bike bring it! both my kids bring thiers and they just tool a round the area. Get them involved early on and they will remember it for a life time. The best thing you can do is to spend Quality time with your children!

perry

i will have my 8yr old son and 9yr old daughter there. and we will be camping all weekend. i will be bringing their bikes and a couple pedal tractors. maybe the 2 girls can hang out.

smoreau

i will have my 8yr old son and 9yr old daughter there. and we will be camping all weekend. i will be bringing their bikes and a couple pedal tractors. maybe the 2 girls can hang out.

Sounds good perry. She is very excited to go and she will be bringing her bike.

SousaKerry

My 7 year old son will be with me and unfortunately(for my sanity) the 16 year old know it all stepson will be there too. :woohoo:

stevasaurus

My 7 year old son will be with me and unfortunately(for my sanity) the 16 year old know it all stepson will be there too. :woohoo:

Kerry, that is great. I have many questions that I have not found the answers to. :D

rexman72

This will be my first time to the :D show that Kelly puts on in Charlotte MI. So I need some of your input for members that have been to Kellys show with kids. I am a single father raising a 9 year old little girl named Gabby on my own. I would like to bring her to the show as her mother has canceled her trip to NC this summer. So, the original plans were to go to the show by my self while she was gone. But the plans have changed and I can't decide whether to bring her along. I know when I have been to other shows I tend to get talking with the guys about different things and tend to not meet her needs :woohoo: I know that's not a good thing, and I don't want her to not have a good time at the show. There's a lot I want to do and see at the show that she will have little interest in and she will want to do other things. If I can do it right we should be able to get both her needs and mine I hope. But there will be times that she will be board out of her mind. The other option is that she goes to my mom and dads for the week end. I plan on camping Fri and Sat night, And that will be great for both of us, but during the show is my concern. So what do you guys think would be the best thing to do, bring Gabby, or leave her at Grandmas?

my kids are 6 and 4 and have little interest in the things that i like and enjoy but i would still bring them in that there will be other kids around that are in the same situatio as she is and she will make friends and be happy that shes gone with dad.i swear that the aliens come and take the kids away by the age of 4 lol.

HorseFixer

Scott Yep Bring her... :woohoo: Ole uncle Duke likes a good train ride himself! :D:D

CharlotteTractorShow210.jpg

Cheers ~Duke

:ROTF: