Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

100lb LP Tank Stolen

boovuc

Drove out to my camp on Sunday afternoon to find that someone stole my 100lb LP tank! I think they used a Saws -All to make two cuts on the wire rope I had through the bottom with a huge knot in the middle. Then they just "nipped" the copper and carried it off. It was half full if not more!

Since 2003 I've had windows broken, two signs taken off the camp, a couple cords of oak swiped and countless lawn chairs removed. Two that I had bolted to the porch floor!

I have an industrial steel door that opens out as my front door. (No window/Not real rustic looking), and a steel entry door in the back that is double locked and barred with no less than three reinforced oak boards in heavily lagged brackets into the exterior wall. Each window has a metal frame that is barred on the outside. Access is by a footbridge or they would hook up chains to a truck and rip them off. Our forests have become badlands! Remotely like 'Nam"! (We rule the day/they own the night)!

State Police are too thin to patrol it. DCNR have been cut to the bone and can't patrol the thousands of acres in their districts. I'll assume that someone needed propane for their home or someone needed it for their "Meth" lab to haul ammonia.

Need to set up a trail cam or two where they won't be spotted. It's just a shame it has to come to that! It's a state-lease camp. I can't afford anything but and the cost of it with the yearly lease fee, taxes going higher, fix-up, maintenance and replacing what these bastards do is hitting me harder each year!

Done ranting! :woohoo:

BooVuc

Mill Hall (Clinton County), PA

Sparky

Yep, thats sucks. If the criminals put as much effort into learning a skill and getting a decent job as they do stealing stuff....well you know :woohoo: .

Mike.......

Forest Road

My family has a place in the Adirondack Park up in NY state. Theft is always on my mind. I'm lucky!!! to date nothing has walked. My mother in law is always concerned about locking the house up, even when I'm on the lake fishing.. I laugh. Who's going to hear the glass break? Some one could literally live there for a month from Oct - Feb. And I wouldn't know. Guess you could say I'm lucky.

Have you thought about hidden cameras? Granted you'd have to do one heck of a job hiding them.

JimD

Duke, I've been studying your diagram and much to my dismay, I think I've found a ***** in your armor. :ROTF: Better make sure those unmentioned surprises are armed and ready.

squirrelinarmor.jpg

:woohoo: :D

puddlejumper

:woohoo: :D

HorseFixer
Duke, I've been studying your diagram and much to my dismay, I think I've found a ***** in your armor.

sscotsman

Duke, I've been studying your diagram and much to my dismay, I think I've found a ***** in your armor. :ROTF: Better make sure those unmentioned surprises are armed and ready.

squirrelinarmor.jpg

:woohoo::D

To fight armored squirrels, it will be necessary to take things up a notch:

08.jpg

warrior-puppy.jpg

but you might not want to start an arms race like that..you never know where it might end up! :D

woodchuck.jpg

Scot

TT

That's.......... :ROTF: ummm.......... :woohoo: what was this topic about again????

Oh yeah -- now I remember.

That's terrible, Boo! :D

Too bad you couldn't set them up with a rigged hundred-pounder full of HYDROGEN!

I doubt you would need a camera to figure out who stole it then. :D

HorseFixer
Duke, I've been studying your diagram and much to my dismay, I think I've found a ***** in your armor.

boovuc

Wow! 8 grand is a third of the value of the camp! :woohoo:

I'm going to play around with a cam up there. It will be cheap though. If they see it, it will be shot or stolen or both!

TT.........You know I do have some acetylene at work! <_<

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

Docwheelhorse

How about the new tank gets an electronic ignition placed startigically on the bottom... the tank moves and it goes off.... Camp is shot too but you got the bad guy.

Its amazing that people are willing to risk jail and getting shot for less than $200....

A new 100 lb tank is $139 and a fill is $85.... you said it was about half so this idiot risked it all for less than $200 :woohoo:

Tony

HorseFixer

Wow! 8 grand is a third of the value of the camp! :D

I hear ya, but what's the price when the Wife is scared to death :ROTF: I hated to spend the money <_< I guess there went my Senior? :woohoo: Havin something stole at a cabin is alot different when they are right outside yer nest.

Yep motion detector hooked to an Oil burner Transformer will curl their hair. :D If I were you buys several Dummy Cameras The best thing out of everything I have are The Rabb Motion Lights. Would be theifs dont like the light!

Cheers ~Duke

:P

Duff

Yeah, and if Congress doesn't get off it's collective dead arse in the next 72 hours things are going to get a LOT worse, but that's a topic for another thread altogether.

The big thing in our neck of the woods lately is home invasions - lots of 'em. So far the little bastids doing these deeds haven't come face to face with an irate and well armed homeowner. NH has a law that allows you to shoot first and ask questions later as long as the criminal is inside the dwelling. Let's just say that my wife and I are proficient in the use of, and well equipped with, strategically placed "persuaders" should anyone get stupid and try to come inside our home.

Some world we've got today, eh? :woohoo:

Duff :D

boovuc

I hear all of you and Duke........your dead on about something being stolen from a cabin and something from your home. To add insult to injury, I went up to camp yesterday to do a little fishing and fix-up and someone stole a CFC light bulb off the back porch.

I just shook my head. It is going to get worse with all the cut backs to our police and to our state's DCNR. As they are cut, so are the incomes of all taxpayers and an almost impossible start for these kids just getting out of school.

No jobs? Idle time! Too much time on their hands! (Sorry Styx). :woohoo:

What a nation we are becoming!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

HorseFixer

I hear all of you and Duke........your dead on about something being stolen from a cabin and something from your home. To add insult to injury, I went up to camp yesterday to do a little fishing and fix-up and someone stole a CFC light bulb off the back porch.

I just shook my head. It is going to get worse with all the cut backs to our police and to our state's DCNR. As they are cut, so are the incomes of all taxpayers and an almost impossible start for these kids just getting out of school.

No jobs? Idle time! Too much time on their hands! (Sorry Styx). :woohoo:

What a nation we are becoming!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

Speaking of Styx... I was out at a local night club back in my early 20's the place was called the White House (I always called it the fight house) Tommy Shaw has a place here in Niles (or did) and he showed up and played with the band that was there and played the song "Blue Collar Man" Any way He married a gal here in Niles and a pal of mine ended up horned in on his action :D as Tommy was never home. And get this when Tommy found out about it, he Invited my pal to one of his concerts, and flew them both there on his helicopter :D After the concert Tommy brought some groupies back to the motel room and I guess by the way my pal tells it.... well lets just say it was quite a free for all. :ROTF: Tommy and the Gal ended up divorcing my pal married her that lasted about two years and from what I hear now she is broke & Destitute. :D Such is the life of an X Rock Stars wife. :D

Cheers ~Duke

:P

Ken B

Damn Duke! I thought I was high tech with the 2500.00 system I have!

I surprised the hell out of a neighbor who is a *****, his dog crapped on my lawn (not the first time and its a BIG dog) while he was walking it. I went to his house 10 minutes later and told him to clean it up because I'm tired of doing it for him. He swore it wasn't his dog. I told him I can play the video for him, with him at the end of the leash. He cleaned it up and it hasn't happened since.

Sorry too hear about your stuff being jacked, that does suck.

thegriz

Boovuc,

Hello neighbor. I feel for you. :woohoo: I have a camp just outside Monument. Been there now going on my third season. My two boys, a few good friends and myself built the camp. So far no problems with my camp and breakins. However, other camps in area have had minor issues.

The damn crooks best not be seen, or who knows what might happen to their backsides :D

BTW...go Keystone Little League (Mill Hall, Beech Creek, Lock Haven). Those 12 year old boys are going to the LL World Series in Williamsport after beating NJ in Connecticut this morning for the Mid-Atlantic Championship!!!!!!! Great to see such young local talent!!! :ROTF:

Griz

boovuc

Thank you Griz. PM me about your camp. I know a lot of folks up Monument way and the camps from there to Snow Shoe and the old Monument Post Road.

Those Keystone kids in the Little League World Series is the number one news event here. An incredible run. I know some of the kids and half the parents along with the head coach. They are a class act and not the typical Little League parents and win at all cost attitude. He teaches the game and some life lessons to boot.

Go Keystone in South Williamsport this weekend!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA