Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

50 Inch Grader Blade Link

71_Bronco

I was hoping you guys could help me out.

I am buying a rear mounted grader blade for my Bronco 14, but I was told it did not come with a lift link. I have seen a few pics of them floating around on here, the zig-zag bar with the 2 studs.

I have 2 questions.

Can I find one of these links floating around?

If not, can anybody give me dimensions of one? I am very good at solid modeling on the computer, and have the skills to turn up the pins on a lathe, bend the steel bar, and weld the pins in place.

I don't mind making my own if I have to.

If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreceited. If I recall correctly, there was a thread not to long ago about making the link for the smaller front mount grader blade, so maybe we can do something similar.

Also, if there is enough interest, I can model up the link and make a fully dimensioned print so that other people can bring the drawing to a fabricator and get one made.

Thanks

mr.pipes

Here is the link for the 40" grader blade link.

There are a couple pics with the 50" link in it.

I will get the measurements for the 50" Monday night.

EDIT: I forgot to link the post.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...10060&hl=grader

I will try to get the dimensions tomorrow

Forest Road

I have a factory link. But prefer my home made one. Its just a 12" pc of 1/4" or 5/16 flat bar with holes drilled in the ends. I tac welded a pin on one end so I could easily mount it up inside the frame. I use the same link on my snow plow. I have two holes in the bottom of mine. Lets me go lower with the snow plow.

Start a little long. You can always cut it shorter if it doesn't raise high enough for travel.

71_Bronco

Anybody else out there who can take a few measurements?

What about a part number? That might help my search for one

tarcoleo

On my 50" mid-mount grader (on a "C" chassis), the link from the lift arm to grader assembly is 4", center to center of the pins at each end.

Tom in RI

:woohoo:

71_Bronco

Thanks Tarcoleo.

From what I gather, and just realized, there are 2 different rear hitch mount, mid mount 50" grader blade styles, and I have seen both the 4" one you describe and the 12" "zig zag" one. I think I will wait unroll I get it in and see which one I really do need.

Thanks for the input so far guys.