Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

Shuboxlover

I also noticed that the left axle seal is leaking :D:woohoo:

Is it a pain to replace, do I have to take apart the tranny to fix it?

I hope not :ROTF:

wh79d160

Probably same ol same ol :woohoo: . Good luck getting the hub off :D

SousaKerry

if you can get the hub off the axle it is an easy job pop the old seal out with a seal tool or small screwdriver and drive the new one in with a piece of pipe

Shuboxlover

So I don't have to take the tranny apart?

Shuboxlover

Is the correct part number 1232?

Does anyone have a number that NAPA, O'Reily's, or Autozone might have in stock?

Coadster32

1" ID, 1 1/4" OD seal size. You can get them at Mc-master Carr, SKF, Kaman, and maybe even Grainer. No need to split the case. Goo luck. :roll:

Shuboxlover

Can anyone tell me the factory part number I need?

racinfool40

#-1232 is the Wheel horse # and if you look in the pinned thread at the top of the tranny section..Mikesrj has a chart in pdf form that tells all the needed info..

which has been changed to 100863.. check this link: http://www.rcpw.com/search/?quest=1232&search.x=58&search.y=12

Shuboxlover

I'm a bit confused on the size I need. I know it needs to be 1" ID (for the axle shaft) but what does the OD need to be. If you look at partstree here they have the 100863 (#14) listed as 1 1/4" OD AND 1 1/2" OD. Now I realize this isn't the actual transmission for my 753, but it does appear to use the 100863 oil seal. The explosion for my 753 tranny has the 100863 (#8) in the second link listed, but no dimensions.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=21-10K806%2C+310-8+Garden+Tractor%2C+1989&dn=810607R1-07R10006-0002

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=753%2C+753+Tractor%2C+1963&dn=24125126-_1250008-0001

racinfool40

:angry-banghead: Ya got me on this one!!!!! I have never used parts tree so maybe some one else will jump in..I've used the 1232-100863 from RCPW in all my 4-speed rebuilds with no problems..

Shuboxlover

No worries....I'm not trying to "get" anyone :smile: ...the only thing I do want to get is to understand what I need....If I didn't mind waiting for the parts I would just order the 1232's and be done with it, but I'm going to try and find a place local that has them tomorrow, so I just want to make sure what the size is :music-deathmetal:

Trouty56

dclarke helped me with parts for a 4 speed. Looked over what I bought at Napa and it looks like it was part # NOS 9815. This seal was used for the axles and brake. You could sent Denny a pm and I'm sure he could confirm that. Napa had the seals when I picked them up. $5.24 a piece.

The bearings for the axle and brake are 1 X 1.25 just different widths. The seal is the same dimension 1 X 1.25.

Found a post by Maynard.....

steamfitter

have a c81 that needs a wheel bearing and seal how big and difficult is it?

stevebo

The same as any standard tranny to change. No real difference on doing this from the 753. I know you have plans of rebuilding the original 8 speed and doing that is part of it. Not a big deal.