Sign in to follow this  
WildHorses

Dump Cart Identity?

WildHorses

Got a really good deal ($50) on a nice used dump cart today. I think it could be a wheel horse dump cart but it has no stickers or model tags. I don't think the dump carts/attachments had model # tags, or at least that's my understanding since most of them weren't made by wheel horse. There aren't any signs of any kind of sticker on this unit but then again I'm assuming its about 30 years old so even if someone took them off who knows if you would be able to tell or not. I'm hoping you guys can help me say for sure whether this could have been a real Wheel Horse dump cart or not.

2011-07-09_20-00-13_9.jpg

2011-07-09_18-16-03_776.jpg

2011-07-09_20-00-24_306.jpg

My guess is that it never had the stickers put on.

It's slightly larger than the 10 cu ft toro/wheel horse dump cart my dad owns and it looks almost exactly like this model http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=20182 but there is no sign of the usa sticker or wheel horse stickers on the sides

:woohoo:

TT

I'm 98% sure it's an Ohio Steel cart.

Unfortunately, just because it's the "right" color and bears an uncanny resemblance to a :D cart doesn't necessarily mean that it is a :ROTF: cart.

Ohio Steel produced them for many OEM brands, and also sold carts as their own.

Put a couple Wheel Horse stickers on it....... I won't tell. :woohoo: :D

WildHorses

:woohoo:

TT that's basically what I was thinking. I'm not looking to resell it anyway.

The guy I bought it off of was a scrapper and I think he picked it up somewhere and was just trying to make a few bucks, which I'm sure he did.

:D I need to measure the cart and find out the Cu Ft its definitely bigger than 10 but I'm not sure how much

WildHorses

It has some light surface rust but there isn't a ding in the thing. My car looks worse after going through some golf ball sized hail a few weeks ago. Whoever bought it never really used it for much