Sign in to follow this  
CRE1992

520H Rear weight bracket?

CRE1992

So besides adding wheel weights for traction, I believe there was a rear weight box available to offset the loader? Does anyone have any pictures of one or something that may have fabbed up to fit the 520H? And also pictures of how it is attached... :woohoo:

Thanks,

Charles

MalMac

Most of rear weight boxes for the loaders mounted in the loader sub frame. I know the ones for Ark loaders do. I think the Kwik Way did the same thing. Some people have fab ones that use a 3 point system. I am sure others on here with more knowledge than I have will chime in. There are also weight boxes and mounts that hold suitcase weights that people have fab that mount on the transmission where the hitch pin goes.

Nick

There could be many ways to attach a weight bracket. You can bolt to the rear axle or make use of an existing rear snow plow hitch or tie into the drawbar hitch.

The suitcase weight set sold by Wheel Horse used the drawbar hitch pin and a couple small bolts under the fender.

0a693563.jpg

CRE1992

There could be many ways to attach a weight bracket. You can bolt to the rear axle or make use of an existing rear snow plow hitch or tie into the drawbar hitch.

The suitcase weight set sold by Wheel Horse used the drawbar hitch pin and a couple small bolts under the fender.

0a693563.jpg

Thanks Nick, how much does the total weight come out to be? And also how much money do these typically go for?

Forest Road

CRE... I have a home made one. Takes 4 - 44lb suitcase weights. And there's a 2" receiver in the middle. If you know a welder it shouldn't cost you anymore than $100. I'll try to get a pic this weeknd.

dgoyette

0a693563.jpg

I want one of these soooo bad!!!!

Edit: BTW CRE1992 they are no longer available. :woohoo:

stevebo

Something like this one?

IMG_6623.jpg

CRE1992

Thanks for posting these guys, I would really love to get my hands on the one nick posted :D , if I could get the dimensions I'm sure I could fab something up. Stevebo I have one like that for a JD790. I dont need a three point for my 520H :ROTF:, however reading some post on them, it is pretty cool that you figured out how to do that :woohoo:

Thanks,

Charles

whfan74

The weight for the one Nick posted is 175 lbs. 25 lbs. for each weight and then another 25 for the bracket itself.

rexman72

So besides adding wheel weights for traction, I believe there was a rear weight box available to offset the loader? Does anyone have any pictures of one or something that may have fabbed up to fit the 520H? And also pictures of how it is attached... :woohoo:

Thanks,

Charles

I know of a wheelhorse dealer that still has weight boxes for the 400/500 series tractors and they will ship anywhere in the us if your interested but there pretty pricey.