Sign in to follow this  
fireman

1969 John Deere 112 w/Hydraulic Lift

fireman

Was cruising CL this morning and saw an ad for this tractor. Came with plow, 47" deck, yard sweeper, extra NOS belts, extra NOS blades, owners manuals and hydraulic fluid. The guy got it from the original owner. Everything was garage kept. This thing runs like new. Only issue is the starter needs new brushes. Have to tap it once in a while. Don't know where the little streaks of blue paint came from on either side of the tower but I'll get rid of that. For what I paid for it the guy basically gave it away :D

The Johnson loader that I picked up will fit right on :woohoo:

100_0070.jpg

100_0069.jpg

100_0074.jpg

100_0075.jpg

100_0076.jpg

100_0079.jpg

100_0085.jpg

stevebo

Ok .... as a group here on RS we need to have an intervention with Fireman. He is obviously sick as he is buying all these green ones. Just kidding Jeff. Nice pick up on that machine. Your loader will go on there nicely. My only request is that you get it on soon as I have a lot of gravel coming in the next 1-2 weeks that needs to be loaded in the driveway then unloaded down in back. Having 2 machines would be great !!

T-Mo

Nice find.

On the blue streaks, this is cause by the battery. The acid will turn the green paint blue. Noticed the rust on the foot rests - this is also from the battery - the blue streaks lead to rust. Patio blade and deck is also a nice find as is the 31T sweeper. Hydraulic lift is a nice option.

Again nice find.

fireman

Thanks for the info on the blue paint T-MO. I was surprised that this had the Patio (white) deck and plow.

fireman

Well it's been almost a year and with a few projects on my plate this is where it's at. The loader was completely dis-assembled, media blasted, epoxy primed and painted. All new hydraulic fittings and hoses. I just finished completely rebuilding the hydraulic cylinders which included honing the bore, polishing the rods and new seals and paint. The tractor will just get a cosmetic make over when the loader has a complete dry fit later this week.

101_0400.jpg

101_0401.jpg

101_0402.jpg

stevebo

Would look better if it was red :hide: Just kidding, it looks good Jeff !

Wheel-N-It

Yes it looks great!

Jake Kuhn

Looks great Jeff. :handgestures-thumbup: Jake

Ken B

That looks real good Jeff. I gotta say, when you do something you do it 100% the right way, no short cuts!

fireman

That looks real good Jeff. I gotta say, when you do something you do it 100% the right way, no short cuts!

That's my biggest problem! I only like doing things 100%. That of course takes tons of time and makes these projects last forever. I guess it's just my OCD kicking into high gear. We'll see what happens with the tractor itself. I'm hoping I can just be happy with a quick sanding of the fender pan and hood and then a quick coat of paint but you never know :eusa-whistle: