Sign in to follow this  
njdpo

Commando 800 Mower Deck replacement

njdpo

Hi all,

I was finally able to get the mower deck off the Commando 800 this afternoon - for inspection.

I was really impressed how easy it was to get the deck off the tractor (nice design).

Model: 50620 7

SN: 879478

Anyway I have posted some photos for your review. ( http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg160/njdpo/WheelHorse/ ) Sorry I dont know how to include the photos in the posting... By my standards the deck is fairly rough and the amount of missing sheet metal is fairly significant. I recognize that some handy welders out there would say pishah thats nuttin...

But im not a welder, and Im thinking the welder that would go out of his way to get this deck back to 100% would probably charge me more than what it would take to replace the deck (or at least the shell that I need).

QUESTIONS:

What size deck is this?

If I could find a healthy shell then I could move all my stuff over to it and for the most part have a great (and safe) mower.

Are these decks popular / available ?

Are there other deck models (or sizes) I can consider? I'm fairly pleased with whats on there now

JimD

Your deck appears to be a 36 inch rear discharge deck. and I would agree it is beyond repair. You could place an ad in the wanted section of the classifieds here. I'm sure there are a few members who have what you need. You also see them on ebay regularly.As you said, if you can get the shell you can transfer all your parts to the good one. Hope you find what you need. :woohoo:

can whlvr

i would agree with what jim told you,i would think you can get a 36 deck from somebody,