Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

NCWHEC @ LeSueur Pioneer Power Show

CasualObserver

I see lots of show reminders going out, thought I'd plug the North Central Wheel Horse Events Club. We're getting together again this year at the LeSueur Pioneer Power Show. You can get all the details on their website. http://www.pioneerpowershow.com/

Look back through the pictures of the last three years here (you'll have to change the date range at the bottom from "the last 30 days" to "From the Beginning") We've had a pretty good showing, and I'm looking forward to seeing people again this year.

I was just looking at the website for the Pioneer Power Show and realized that our own Stevasaurus made the photo montage on the front page!!

Steve2.jpg

stevasaurus

That is way too cool Jason. How did that happen, I think you took that picture last year. You know I was trying to talk those guys out of the Minneapolis Moline Raffle Tractor...I really liked that one. The winning ticket did come from that show. :woohoo: Has Sallysaurus (JoeBob) seen this yet??? :ROTF: I am planning on bringing both 502s up there this year. Should be a lot of fun again. :D

2009_0830LaSeuer210100013.jpg

I think Dennis is going to stay an extra day and play a round of golf with Joe and I on Monday...need one more for a 4 some. It is a very nice 19 hole golf course. :D:P:D:D

2009_0901LaSeuer210100030.jpg

mnWHfan

Count me in on the golf and thanks for the reminder.

Dennis

joebob

Wow Jason you beat me to the punch, Again.

hope to see everyone again and meet everyone new that shows up,

just look out for that Steve guy, trouble just trouble I say :woohoo: sorry steve just had too, let the fun began :D

joebob

just a bump to the top, less then two weeks :woohoo:

fireman

I'm actually going to be going right past there on our way home from our 5 week camping trip. From the show to home is 1200 miles and the wife has to be to work on Monday morning the 29th. If I stop by the show on Friday morning for a few hours I just may have enough time to get home by Sunday night. Who all is going? Duke, Steve, Jim you guys gonna be there?

rydogg

I've been prepping tractors getting ready for the show also trying to find a bigger trailer so I can bring more stuff my trailer only holds 3 tractors and one in the truck bed. This will be my first time showing at Le Sueur am I going to be able to drive my truck in and out without needing to back up??? I lost reverse (reverse shell) last winter so my Chevy only goes forward until I get back to work and have time and money to fix it, I have gotten so use to driving it without reverse that I don't want to go through the work to pull it and get it repaired but with winter coming in a few months I will probably need it.

The wife works the entire weekend so I will be bringing my 3 little ones (2,5,7yrs old) I think we may bring up some tents and camp for the weekend depending on the weather forecast.

Operator

With me driving over the road now I can't really plan to far in advance but I'm planning on sat.

i'm thinking about bringing over one of my Wheel Horses this weekend for the day. while i've been to the swap meet many times , i have never showed there. also, i'm not a member of the North Central Wheel Horse Club. can i just drive it in and park with the group? or do i haul it in? or am i on my own?

i have no interest in being in the parade , do i still register my Wheel horse?

stevasaurus

305...just show up...you can drive your horse in and get for free...we are right near the gate...everyone has to go past us.

Jeff (Fireman)...it will be me, Jason, JoeBob, Dennis, Operator, Mike (OL550), maybe TomWH1971, Martin, Rydogg, Mike Williams and a few others. Good time , beer tent, corn on the cob, good food...it is a large threshing show. You can show up for an hour, or you can spend 3 days and not see it all. Give it a show Jeff...we have cell phones...can walk you in. Hope it works for you. Send me a PM. :banghead:

:thumbs2: There is a polka band in the beer tent...be prepared to dance. :banghead:

fireman

Turns out I'm in Mn right now and will be in Iowa by tommorow afternoon so I won't be able to make it. Promised the kids we would hit the Iowa 80 truckstop on the way home and while we're right there gonna stop at Antique Archeology (from American Pickers fame) which is right down the road from there and see if I can get my picture taken with the guys and the chick with the tattoos!

Operator

American Pickers are from Iowa? :banghead: Never knew that. On I-80?

Your kids want to go to the truck stop? Big place Steve.

If you see me around Chicago , wave :thumbs2:

fireman

Stopped at the I-80 Truck Stop today. That place is awesome! It's trucker heaven. If you're ever on I-80 in Iowa stop in and have lunch or dinner. The trucking museum is cool too.

I-80 Truck Stop

Also stopped at Antique Archeology which is the store front for the American Pickers of History Channel fame. Unfortunately none of the three people from the show were there. A lot of the items they bought on the show were there including the vintage red Harley. The shot they show of the shop is very deceiving. It's in an alley way behind a vacant house. You would drive right by if you didn't know it was there. There were quite a few others there taking pictures and browsing. Really cool place.

Antique Archeology

Operator

The Walcott CB shop does great work if a CB needs fixin'

CasualObserver

@ Randy, missed you at the show! Will post up pictures soon.

@ Jeff.... sorry you couldn't make it. Would have been nice to meet you! That I-80 stop is definitely something to see. We go past there to get to my sister's place in the Quad Cities. Usually about 11 pm... and the lots are always pretty full.