Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

MI. WH show

Kelly

Well now the big show is over and many of us could not go for one reason or another, or you went and are looking for another show to go to, there is another show in MI, I started this a few years ago, and it's small but slowly getting bigger, this is held along with another show, of mainly farm tractors, this years events going on are, tractor show, truck show, tractor pulls both farm and garden pulls, truck pulls, kiddie tractor pedal pulls, tractor games, demonstrations of a few kinds, there is nice wooded camping on the grounds with electric and water, for $10 a night, if your not into camping there is a few hotels with in a 5 min. drive, we are located 6 blocks from downtown Charlotte, with every fast food you can think of or nice dinning restaurants, Walmart, TSC, and more with in a 5 min. drive, we are very easy to get to, only a few miles off I-69 this is a very large county fair grounds.

I'm going to have a raffle again this year, it will be a WH tub cart, it should have a fresh coat of paint on it, and new tires, there will be a few other items in the raffle also.

This year I will be at the grounds on fri. the day before the show, if you want to set up fri. that is fine.

Vendors, anyone selling more than a few items, even swap meet vendors, this year we are charging a $10 deposit you will get it back when you leave IF, your site is clean we had a problem with a few fleamarket people leaving junk behind and we had to clean it up, you will get a check back not cash it is for record keeping.

All garden tractors are welcome to enter the tractor games, and some are very fun, kids there is a pedal pull, with prizes for first place in each age group, the WH part of the show (me and the family donated them and will every year from now on).

Garden tractor pulls there is a fee to cover ins. not sure how much, this is put on by a local pulling club, from stock to wild tractors, kids from 4 years old last year to a lady in her 70's pull, fun to watch.

You do not have to have a fully restored tractor, but you can, bring what you have, as many as you can, I want to keep this show going, I know gas hurts, but this is a good time, even at night in the campgrounds is a good time, I think we me and the family are going to camp this year, even though I only live 4 miles away.

This is at the Eaton county fair grounds, 1025 S. Cochran Ave. Charlotte MI. 48813 again this is easy access off I-69.

Here is a web site with more info. kmhollister@sbcglobal.net

or send me a PM.

Hope to see you there remember Aug. 6-7 th but welcome fri. the 5th.

SousaKerry

O I will definitely be there can't wait....

stevasaurus

http://www.eatoncountyfair.com/

There ya go Kelly...just click on the URL. :D This is a great show, and Kelly and his family do an outstanding job making it so. :ROTF: I'll be there Friday morning. Kelly, is there any chance for a bus trip over to your place while we are there??? I would love to see your collection of red goodies. :woohoo:

The corn on the cob is excellent also...can't wait for that. I think it is a buccaneer. :D

Kelly

We might work out a stop at my house Steve, not sure we will have the corn this year it did not turn any money for the time invested.

And a note to all that is comming sat. we will be locking the gate to the show area at 10am, and no trucks and trailers will be allowed in, you will have to unload in the parking lot, and drive your tractors in, last year we had a rush of trucks at about 10am till 11am, and the show is in full swing we are not going to have that again this year, again gates locked at 10 am sat. morning, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Brrly1

Kelly, with the fee being charged does that mean that this show will continue as you have been talking or is this the last year for it Thanks :woohoo:

:D

Kelly

It's only a deposit, John, vendors get it back if they leave a clean site, if the show can make money, not the WH part but the whole show, it will continue, we did good last year, the Fair board is the one that has the say, the fair grounds depends on making money off shows for the up keep of the grounds, I think it is 100 acres, and has been going for 150 years this year, but state funds have been cut big time, so events like this are the only way they make money, the main show I ride on their shirt tails, takes about $6000 to run with ins. advertising, and everything else it takes to run a show, we have meetings all year long to figure out how to make this happen every year.

The bigger we can make the show, as a whole, the better chance it will continue.

Jim_M

Do you happen to have a copy of the rules and classes for the garden tractor pulls? I'm going to try to make it to the show this year.

smoreau

You know I will be there Kelly, planning to bring the 875, 400, mini JVR ambulance, for sure. Maybe more. Can't wait for Aug. 6th!

Gerry w

It was a great time last year! Had the wife with me and although we could only stay for a short time it was a blast! The corn on the cob was a hit with the missus! And I got to see five guys from five different states gape at the site of a tractor getting loaded into a Honda Element!

Wish we could make it this year, but ANOTHER wedding, this one in Lansing, on the 20th. I just can't make the trip that long.

:woohoo:

Gerry

HorseFixer

http://www.eatoncountyfair.com/

There ya go Kelly...just click on the URL. :ROTF: This is a great show, and Kelly and his family do an outstanding job making it so. :P I'll be there Friday morning. Kelly, is there any chance for a bus trip over to your place while we are there??? I would love to see your collection of red goodies. :D

The corn on the cob is excellent also...can't wait for that. I think it is a buccaneer. :D

Steve, I could not have said that better myself! :D Kelly & Crew do a wonderful job! :woohoo: MJ and I Look fwd to seeing you all there.

Cheers ~Duke :D

:D

SousaKerry

Kelly last year you mentioned needing some volunteers to help out with running the show, did you get enough yet or do you still need a few? If so what jobs do you need?

shorts

I'm in, kelly if you need help I aill absolutely not do anything unless you tell us what you need :woohoo:

suggestion, make a list or chart of things that you need help getting done and I,m sure that some of us will step up where we can :D :ROTF:

Dockfishin

$10 gas to get to this one is nice, but all the more worth it with the quality of the show! :woohoo:

buckrancher

The corn on the cob is excellent also...can't wait for that. I think it is a buccaneer. :ROTF:

YO HO HO and a bottle of rocklin rye mate :woohoo::D

Brian

perry

cant wait for the show :D . i hope to be camping again this year.

steve, dont forget the rock'n'rye :woohoo:

Jake Kuhn

I am planning on going unless I have to work at the farm,I really enjoyed going last year. I hope to get my 401 done for it :woohoo:

Dockfishin

Less then a month away! :D :woohoo:

ipperwash

Any body have a 1045 that there willing to part with that,s going to the show If you do send me the price and some pic,s Doug.

ol550

PM sent

09show34.jpg

Kelly

OK guys less than 2 weeks are you getting your tractors ready? are you camping? if you want a hotel, you might want to book ahead.

Remember if your coming in on sat. be here before 10am so you can unload in the show area, after 10 you will have to unload out in the parking lot.

I'm busting my butt on getting things ready and forgot about the trailer for the raffle prize, I have it tore apart ready to be sandblasted, I'm not going to fix all the dents in the bottom or fill the rust pits, this will be a user trailer, I also after dismounting the tires found out the rims are junk, I have a set of wheels to fit it but they are not correct, but will work fine, I may include the orig. wheels for the winner if they want them, I also have a few other items for prizes, a tool kit, flashlight and more.

Any questions please ask, give me a day or so to reply so don't wait till the last min. I'm busy as heck.

stevasaurus

This may be a good place to start asking for or saying what people are going to bring for sale to the show...

I may be looking for a dozer blade for what would fit a C-121...1978. Any # from 86-42BC01 up...as long as it has the 42BC I think it will fit...thanks...send PM to me if you have one for sale. :woohoo:

Kelly

Well nothing like waiting till the last min. but the dump trailer went out today to the blaster and to be powder coated, like I said it will be a user, it will have a few dents and lots of pits just to give it a bit of character, and not to be afraid to use it, I should have it back mon. next week, at least it is a small project and will only take a hour or so to put back together, I forgot to take pictures today after fixing the cracks and straighting the back out, but this is what I started with.

100_3730.jpg

100_3731.jpg

100_3736.jpg

SousaKerry

Kelly any idea when you will be there on Friday I am thinking of taking a half day from work and dropping a load on my way home prolly like around 1:00 but I can wait till later if no one is going to be around

stevasaurus

Kerry...people will be there from at least 9:00AM off/on Friday. I would say...come when you can...help you unload...may drive through the camp grounds to find us though.

:woohoo: