Sign in to follow this  
Martin

changing username

Martin

well it seems like a good time to jump on the bandwagon and change my username to something simpler as well... so now its just martin instead of mlhsierra99....

Kelly

I just noticed that on the last post you did.

Martin

when i registered for this forum it was in the early wh days for me and i joined a couple different ones as well. i just used the first part of my email address as my username, not thinking it was going to be anymore than the normal forum thing for me. but rs is different, its more personal, and i enjoy spending time on here, its the only forum i frequent right now. also im starting to meet some of you guys at the swapmeets and shows and its just easier keeping it simple. every one calls me martin, since its my name and its easier to say than mlhsierra99 (what the heck does all that mean anyway- mlh is my initials and a few years ago i got a 99 sierra.). so there you go, i guess im following in your footsteps kelly and keeping it simple.... :woohoo:

Zeek

Ahh . . . nice and simple :woohoo:

You'll find that a lot easier at a show when everybody knows everybody by their forum name.

farmer

I think if I were lucky enough to attend any :woohoo: shows in the US, I'd have a badge made up with "farmer" on it....either that or have a pitch fork in my hand and a blade of grass in my mouth. :D

sscotsman

I wish I could go back in time, to 1996, (when I was 27 years old and brand-new to the internet) and change my username "scottychaos"..

At the time, I must have thought it was witty or clever or something.. :D I was in a rock band named "Johnny Chaos"..and my name is Scot..thus "scottychaos"..

In the years hence, I have stopped using it as a username on new forums I have joined (such as this forum) But! it was (and still is) the username I chose for the mylargescale.com forum (a Garden Railroad community)..and because I chose that as my username, its now part of the URL of all my webpages! :woohoo:

and will be..well, probably forever.

Now im 42 years old, and I just think it sounds dumb..but its out there forever, cant change it now because it would kill a million links scattered all over the internet for my various webpages, including my Ariens snowblower pages, my Wheelhorse page, and my Genealogy webpages..I dont know what my 90 year old Aunts think of the name! :D I just wish I had chosen something more neutral or professional sounding..

http://gold.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/

so yeah, choice of username shouldnt be taken lightly! :ROTF:

Scot